OP
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
wii-u-blue.jpg

Famed Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter believes Nintendo’s forthcoming Wii U will be a great success for Nintendo but only if it is priced competitively against Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and Kinect bundles. Strangely Patcher failed to mention Sony’s PlayStation 3.

As for Nintendo’s upcoming Wii U, Pachter said the system has great sales potential, but only if it’s “priced competitively with Xbox 360/Kinect bundles.” He warned that Nintendo “has conceded a large first-mover advantage given the release of Kinect and Move last year.”[/p]

arrow.gif
Source

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In other news, the sun needs to rise tomorrow for the day to be light.

How does Patcher even still have a job?

ganon45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
How is the guy wrong? OF COURSE it needs to be priced competitively. How the fuck else would it sell?
The same way the ps3 was able to sell when it was $500.

The Xbox360 and Ps3 are around six years old. It would make no sense for them to price a brand new system at around the same amount as a system from which the price has been reduced a couple of times. Of course it isn't gonna cost $600 dollars or something like that, but it also wouldn't make sense to retail it at $200 or $150, which is what the 360 may run by the time the Wii U is released

MajinCry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ganon45 said:
Slyakin said:
How is the guy wrong? OF COURSE it needs to be priced competitively. How the fuck else would it sell?
The same way the ps3 was able to sell when it was $500.

The Xbox360 and Ps3 are around six years old. It would make no sense for them to price a brand new system at around the same amount as a system from which the price has been reduced a couple of times. Of course it isn't gonna cost $600 dollars or something like that, but it also wouldn't make sense to retail it at $200 or $150, which is what the 360 may run by the time the Wii U is released

Actually, it would dominate the market.

With all the hardware advancements, I'm not surprised if the console will go for around 300, give or take a hunnerd.
If the SDK is as good as Ol' Ninty says it is, then the hardware alone will make the 360 look like a underclocked PS2 compared to the gamecube.

But when the SDK comes in...If it is as simple, and easy to work with and code for as it is claimed, then it will make the hardware perform to it's maximum potential.

I.E

Here's an example for the PS2. It started out with sucky graphics, but over the years, it's been pushed to it's limits.
darkcloud_1_640w.jpg

the-top-10-best-looking-ps2-games-of-all-time-20100507030838022.jpg

The two games don't display much, but look at the difference in shaders, polygons and textures.

Catch mah drift?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to be a genius or a bad analyst to realize that he's (EDIT) partially right.

Why would anyone spend like twice as much cash on a WiiU over a Xbox? Because it's Nintendo? Nintendo devotees will surely jump on the WiiU wagon once it starts rolling but everyone else is still gonna need convincing. It's offering essentially the same package that the Xbox 360 and PS3 are offering but with a higher price tag. Touch screens and motion controls won't win over people who have enjoyed playing their Xbox 360 and PS3.

The Wii also sold rather well because it was cheap. You get anything considered too pricey and casuals won't go for it. The Wii sold because of casual appeal and pricing.

I'd honestly say anything above $300 is really dangerous waters for the WiiU. You can get a new Xbox for $200. A new PS3 is $300. I would say that anything below a $300 price tag is impossible but we've been surprised by pricing before. How many of you expected the Vita to be $250? Or for the 3DS to get cut to $170?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Slyakin said:
And I'm surprised that people are hating on him; He's PROMOTING the WiiU.

He's just being... really obvious.
That's why people hate him. He doesn't point out anything new, he just points out the obvious all the time.

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Let's say that happens, then the other 8th generation systems come out, it'd be blown away.
Not necessarily. When the other 8th gen systems come out, they will most likely cost more than the WiiU which will give it the same low-price factor the Wii had and possibly cause it to sell more

edit: and I wouldn't be surprised if they throw in a price-cut for the WiiU around the time other systems are coming out

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
plus the next $ony and m$ systems won't be that much different than they are now the gfx will be exactly the same with maybe a small increase in fps
tongue.gif

MajinCry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
plus the next $ony and m$ systems won't be that much different than they are now the gfx will be exactly the same with maybe a small increase in fps
tongue.gif
And if we're lucky, Microsoft might actually spend cash on it's console so it wont melt on the first three or four hardware revisions.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo better not pull a price-cut and just make the starting price be low. If the Wii was $250, I'm expecting the WiiU to be... 250-300 bucks max.

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If I remember right, didn't Iwata stated that the price for the Wii U wouldn't go over 25k yen? Seeing as that is the price of the 3DS right now we can expect a price between 200-250€/$.

But I'm not sure if I remember right.

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Shuji1987 said:
If I remember right, didn't Iwata stated that the price for the Wii U wouldn't go over 25k yen? Seeing as that is the price of the 3DS right now we can expect a price between 200-250€/$.

But I'm not sure if I remember right.

I didn't hear of any price tag yet ...

ganon45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
You don't have to be a genius or a bad analyst to realize that he's (EDIT) partially right.

Why would anyone spend like twice as much cash on a WiiU over a Xbox? Because it's Nintendo? Nintendo devotees will surely jump on the WiiU wagon once it starts rolling but everyone else is still gonna need convincing. It's offering essentially the same package that the Xbox 360 and PS3 are offering but with a higher price tag. Touch screens and motion controls won't win over people who have enjoyed playing their Xbox 360 and PS3.

The Wii also sold rather well because it was cheap. You get anything considered too pricey and casuals won't go for it. The Wii sold because of casual appeal and pricing.

I'd honestly say anything above $300 is really dangerous waters for the WiiU. You can get a new Xbox for $200. A new PS3 is $300. I would say that anything below a $300 price tag is impossible but we've been surprised by pricing before. How many of you expected the Vita to be $250? Or for the 3DS to get cut to $170?

Who said it was gonna cost twice as much as an xbox? Also how could a Nintendo "devotee" jump on a bandwagon? By being a devotee, that means that someone has been into something prior to it becoming a fad. Additionally I don't think Nintendo is that concerned with winning over Xbox360 and PS3 devotees, they are probably more concerned with continuing to bring in the casual gamer, and (hopefully) reestablishing itself as a more of a powerhouse amongst avid gamers and past supporters.

Also, I don't see the sense in comparing a brand new system to those that are past generation and soon to be phased out. If specs are the issue, the Xbox 360 and PS3 have closely identical specs, the PS3 sold at higher price for sometime yet still did pretty well in sales. Present me with the option of buying a six year old, soon to be phased out system for $200-$300, and a next generation console for $325-$400, I'd take the console that's being released vs. the one on the way out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head