PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The Wii U was visible in a mock living room setup, and is surprisingly large.

Nintendo focused on the controller very heavily in its presentation, and didn't really talk about the console itself at all. Perhaps the prototype's size has something to do with it.

Part of the Wii's appeal was that it was unintrusive--part of its identity is that it is small and protable, and surely Nintendo wants to keep that image. While the Wii U's on display are obviously early designs, apparently they take up a good deal more real estate. From the looks of it, while it's face is slim and almost identical to the Wii's, I'd guess its depth is comparable to an original Xbox 360. Check out my picture and see for yourself!
1.jpg

source

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I seriously hope that it's big like that because it's a Dev unit with a HD in it, like the first showcase Wiis (which had a red faceplate).

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
raulpica said:
I seriously hope that it's big like that because it's a Dev unit with a HD in it, like the first showcase Wiis (which had a red faceplate).

I hope your right, judging from the pics that thing would fit on my unit, but only with no cables plugged into it, with power/video etc it's going to be hanging over the edge.

From my experience dev units that mimic the looks of retail units are larger, I owned an xbox (not 360) dev unit at one stage and it looked very similar to a standard crystal xbox, only slightly taller, I also remember one variation of the gamecube dev kit that had a huge slot protruding from the top for dev cartridges.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hydreigon said:
The console isn't huge, but I might have problems with the controller. It looks kinda big in Iwata's hands
blink.gif
I could probably say the opposite. Seeing as how he's gripping it with just one hand (between his fingers) makes the controller look a lot smaller then what I was expecting. With the grips on the back of the device, it looks like it'll be pretty damn easy to use.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
EnigmaXtreme said:
From the Nintendo E3 site

Size:
Approximately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide and 10.5 inches long.
For comparison's sake:
Wii: (1.73 in) tall, (6.18 in) wide, and (8.48 in) long.

It's not that big of a difference.
Wow, I wonder why the WiiU in the OP's picture looks so long. That's weird.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night