Gaming The Wii is Travel Friendly

bluebright

OP
Trophies
Website
www.portablespacemuseum.com
XP
Country
Well, I'm jetting off to melbourne on Sunday. I'm taking my whole PC with me (ie, NOT laptop) and I'm taking my Wii with me.

I've just wrapped it bubble wrap and chucked it in my back pack. Easy huh?

Anyone else got any stories about taking there Wii's with them traveling (even if its just down the road)?

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly a Wii per se, but on my first tour back in Khe Sanh, I was flying on cough syrup and paper tabs from the underground PX. I kept feeling/seeing spiders on my arms with little Charlie heads, complete with the ever-popular zipper hairstyle. They all chanted the chorus from Proud Mary in unison, but with broken English it was more like "Lollin on the liver" WTF? I waved them around to give them a fright or maybe a rollercoaster ride and it much resembled a player with a Wii remote, though who knew about that at the time? The moral of the story is don't do drugs.

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I take my wii with me every time I go to my friends house. I just put it in my back pack and OFF I go.

I used to take my computer, until my computer would freeze, every time I took it, until I opened it and unplugged the HDD and plug it back in. it would only freeze like that after I transported it, within 20 minutes of it being on

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I took once wii to my friend's house. Pretty easy. but the sencor bar thing is annoying. Size is big plus and weight. Almost same as taking removable harddrive with you.
ps3 is also easy to pack up and carry, but it's bigger. Then again it doesn't have annoying sencor bars
biggrin.gif

StacMaster-S

Trophies
Website
www.halolz.com
XP
Country
United States
I do a lot of comic/anime conventions and I bring my Wii with me quite a bit. It is super convenient to pack even when flying, and with my WiiKey I can even bring fun imports like Naruto 4 for Gamecube.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have taken various consoles around with me over the years (in terms of pure console i.e. not an amiga, c64, vic20, spectrum.....) and even had special bags.
I also have participated (the sort of skills possessed by many on this site side of things) in more than a couple of bus/boat/car conversions (most can be quite easily coaxed to work on 12/24 V or somewhere in between and you can also up the voltage should you so desire).

striderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly a Wii per se, but on my first tour back in Khe Sanh, I was flying on cough syrup and paper tabs from the underground PX. I kept feeling/seeing spiders on my arms with little Charlie heads, complete with the ever-popular zipper hairstyle. They all chanted the chorus from Proud Mary in unison, but with broken English it was more like "Lollin on the liver" WTF? I waved them around to give them a fright or maybe a rollercoaster ride and it much resembled a player with a Wii remote, though who knew about that at the time? The moral of the story is don't do drugs.

What brand of cough syrup was it?
smile.gif
That's some whack shit man...

striderx

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I once stuffed a bunch of pillows in my backpack then wedged my Wii in it and walked around downtown all day with it until it took it to a modder. Then I was walking around with a backpack full of pillows and it felt really pointless lol.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I take my Wii with me sometimes, and it's easy to carry it in a backpack.

Just that Sensor bar it isn't too pratical to carry... also that cable is so thin that I fear it could break anytime when I put it in the backpack >_>

bluebright

OP
Trophies
Website
www.portablespacemuseum.com
XP
Country

Just that Sensor bar it isn't too pratical to carry... also that cable is so thin that I fear it could break anytime when I put it in the backpack >_>

You could always take 2 candles with you.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

You could always take 2 candles with you.

I don't think people would let me put 2 lit candles on their TVs
rofl2.gif

QUOTE(Linkiboy @ Jan 26 2008, 03:04 AM)http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8435

Now you're thinking with portals.
This WINS.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Wii is nice and small, the sensor bar is a bit of a nuisance, but it only takes a minute or two to set up/etc.
However, gamecube was the ultimate portable console, even had the handle so you can fill a backpack up with only games and controllers
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: So true