Hacking The Wii board is dead. Letterbomb doesn't work.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.3U
My SD is a microSD. SanDisk, 64gb. Formatted correctly (I use it on my 3DS)
I unzipped everything and put everything on the SD root. I checked my MAC and redownloaded the letterbomb.zip. Nothing at all appears in the message board. Help?

What do you mean the wii board is dead? There are posts on there from within the hour.

http://gbatemp.net/forums/wii-hacking.108/

Last edited by Kafluke,

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Besides, getting a 2 GB card should be really cheap nowadays.
Yep. Like, real cheap if you just use it just for this. 2-7$ (retailer). Of course, they make more expensive ones.

Also, this means it will work on Wii for any initial hack afaik, and Wii U's vWii, as it requires a game hack. But yea, just format it as fat32 if it's not, thats what I always use, game hack or letterbomb.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
"within the hour"
Saying something here caused people to check the Wii board. The people here started to respond to my thread there after I said something here. Why jump to conclusions?
Because looking at new content shows ALL THREADS and ALL FORUM posts recently made.
My point is, anyone could have seen it, it's not a big deal to wait for a reply. We all have lives too, you know.

Halvorsen

OP
Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Because looking at new content shows ALL THREADS and ALL FORUM posts recently made.
My point is, anyone could have seen it, it's not a big deal to wait for a reply. We all have lives too, you know.
It was literally zero views until I posted here. I posted here and I got my answer. Doesn't matter to me how or where, really.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Could have, but I didn't. There's no point in waiting if like two people are gonna provide potential useless information. There are more people here as the Wii U is relevant today.
It's not a WiiU related topic, nor vWii.

So, you couldn't wait and get a reply, and decided to make another thread in the WRONG section just to get seen quicker.
Anyway.

Have you tried Wilbrand Launcher too? This one worked fine in my Wii.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the problem is your sd card. just get a 2gb card and be done with it. I have a 8mb card lol yeah thats 8 megabytes. I use it for my sd media lanucher on gamecube to load different action replay dols

Halvorsen

OP
Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
It's not a WiiU related topic, nor vWii.

So, you couldn't wait and get a reply, and decided to make another thread in the WRONG section just to get seen quicker.
Anyway.

Have you tried Wilbrand Launcher too? This one worked fine in my Wii.
The time I get an answer is irrelevant. I'm concerned about the quantity and quality of the answer. There are more people likely to respond on a newer board who have updated information.
Anyway, I'll just either buy a new SD Card, or use the one that came with the 2DS (SDHC. :/ ) that I just bought with the Wii. Thanks for the suggestion.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
The time I get an answer is irrelevant. I'm concerned about the quantity and quality of the answer. There are more people likely to respond on a newer board who have updated information.
Anyway, I'll just either buy a new SD Card, or use the one that came with the 2DS (SDHC. :/ ) that I just bought with the Wii. Thanks for the suggestion.
I'd suggest you to try wilbrand launcher anyway.

The original letterbomb froze my wii, but wilbrand worked fine, for some reason.

GR-DRACULA

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yep. I have Brawl. But I'll have to get a 2GB SD, for Smash Stack, right. There isn't any other options? Thanks.
Why don't you just update your wii to 4.3 and then use please.hackmii.com with any sd you want (you have to choose the correct version and type Mac address and include also bootmii the letterbomb letter might be hidden somewhere like 2 days ago or after today) PM me if you need to ask more stuff.

Halvorsen

OP
Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you just update your wii to 4.3 and then use please.hackmii.com with any sd you want (you have to choose the correct version and type Mac address and include also bootmii the letterbomb letter might be hidden somewhere like 2 days ago or after today) PM me if you need to ask more stuff.
That didn't work. That's why I made this post.
Anyway, I solved it, thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.