the way to screw ebay on the listing fee

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by fst312, Mar 19, 2009.

Mar 19, 2009
  1. fst312
    OP

Member fst312 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    thought about something that may be possible but never tried because i have nothing to sell at the moment.as many of you know you get charged a listing depending on the starting price you put for your item.

has any ever tried to put the lowest amount and get a small listing fee but make the shipping price the amount you want to try to get after selling your item on ebay for example list your item at $.99 but make the shipping $100.

never done this for many this might sound good but also might be stupid to do.i only really like buying on ebay but not really selling i always have bad luck with that start selling from $10 and just get one bid but hey i usually start my price where one bid comes close to what i want to make.

what do you think have you ever thought of making the shipping price very high and the starting bid around $.99?

2. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    Depending on what you are selling ebay caps the amount you can have for shipping I believe.

3. fst312
    OP

Member fst312 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    didn't know that well if this is true than ebay can't get screwed over that way.

4. Dio

Member Dio WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

United States
    I've done this before (but only up to $15 for a small item). One buyer left me negative feedback based on excessive shipping, even though he could have looked at my feedback and see that I've sold the same item for $12 with $3 shipping. But, other people HAVE bought my items with high shipping and didn't complain.

5. epicelite

Member epicelite Equal opportunity ass kicker.

United States
    IMO 75% of people don't look at shipping before they hit the bid button.

6. ItsMetaKnight

Member ItsMetaKnight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Denmark
    its not even possible to enter $100 for shipping....
    they limit it to actual rates + about $5

7. Sir-Fritz

Member Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Their are son many cheap like ds lites and stuff from America that in Australia dollars are like 70 dollars cheaper or something but like 50 dollars shipping. You could just wait for a sale to get it like slightly cheaper and not worth the hassle.

8. mcp2

Member mcp2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Might work on stupid people, I always factor in shipping costs when bidding.

9. sgand

Newcomer sgand Advanced Member

United States
    The guy who I buy dvd cases from sells boxes of 100 for $.99 + $22.99 shipping. I was thinking of doing the same sometime, but I saw that there is an option to flag listings with high shipping prices, and I don't want to chance it.