The war on gay kids: "Give 'em a good punch"

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That choice is made throughout a person's whole existence as far as self awareness go.
The word "choice" is quite an unfortunate one to use in this debate - I don't exactly choose when I have a boner, neither do I choose to be attracted to a given person on a sexual level.

I would assume that you don't either, unless you're asexual. By the way, asexual people seem to be excluded from our little chit-chat, I wonder why.

most kids know they are gay before puberty hits. i knew i was attracted to men long before that. it has nothing to do with hormones.
Puberty doesn't just "hit" at a pre-set moment in your life - it's a gradual process. You don't immediately grow a bush of hairs on your intimate areas - some changes begin on the internal part of your body and mind.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
you seriously think hormones decide your sexuality? then explain bears (not the animals but the gay men that are huge and hairy), how could they possibly be producing too much estrogen? what specific hormones are you talking about?
It's not about the amounts of each but about the balance between them, and you missed the part about "during the period of puberty". Simpifying matters of sexuality to genetics is a crime againts reason.

most kids know they are gay before puberty hits. i knew i was attracted to men long before that. it has nothing to do with hormones.
what made you like men?

no offence meant but simply answer the question for i think there was something that made you like men.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That choice is made throughout a person's whole existence as far as self awareness go.
The word "choice" is quite an unfortunate one to use in this debate - I don't exactly choose when I have a boner, neither do I choose to be attracted to a given person on a sexual level.

I would assume that you don't either, unless you're asexual. By the way, asexual people seem to be excluded from our little chit-chat, I wonder why.

Now we're really getting complicated, because there are people who don't love the same gender, but are sexually attracted to the same gender. Would that still be considered homosexuality? Just looking at the word, I'd say so. So then what are men who love men but don't have sex with men?

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Now we're really getting complicated, because there are people who don't love the same gender, but are sexually attracted to the same gender. Would that still be considered homosexuality? Just looking at the word, I'd say so. So then what are men who love men but don't have sex with men?
Oh oh I KNOW!!!! XD
It's called Bromance.

Reactions: 6 people

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate that you folks are being largely civil in your conversation, please keep that up.

I believe in gradiations of things before I do black and whites, and in this case, you've got quite a few bisexuals to back that notion up :3

Anyway, carry on, be respectful, and I'll be looking in from time to time.

Reactions: 2 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Now we're really getting complicated, because there are people who don't love the same gender, but are sexually attracted to the same gender. Would that still be considered homosexuality?
Love and sexuality don't always go together - love is a made-up term to describe a close relation between people. It's more emotional than physical although has roots in a physical and chemical reaction. There can be love without sex and sex without love, so yes, attraction alone would be considered homosexuality.

Reactions: 1 person

matt382

Trophies
XP
Country
Love and sexuality don't always go together - love is a made-up term to describe a close relation between partners.

I agree with this, love and sex are two different things. I can safely say that I love my best friends, even though they are male. But I am not sexually attracted to them. Love is more to do with the care and commitment towards another person.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what made you like men?

no offence meant but simply answer the question for i think there was something that made you like men.

yes there was something. it's called men. like i said i noticed the legs. i stared at the structure of them, they are quite different than women's. i noticed everything that made a male body manly and i found it appealing visually. the shape of shoulders and neck was specially attractive. i didn't think about making out with men or sex, but i couldn't stop noticing/looking. women were interesting because they were different, but nothing about their soft curves, boobies, etc ever appeal to me.

i never emulated women, i would have been beaten blind by my parent's if i did, but i never wanted to in any way. i liked been a boy and i felt lucky to be a boy and i wanted to grow up manly.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
what made you like men?

yes there was something. it's called men. like i said i noticed the legs. i stared at the structure of them, they are quite different than women's. i noticed everything that made a male body manly and i found it appealing visually. the shape of shoulders and neck was specially attractive. i didn't think about making out with men or sex, but i couldn't stop noticing/looking. women were interesting because they were different, but nothing about their soft curves, boobies, etc ever appeal to me.

i never emulated women, i would have been beaten blind by my parent's if i did, but i never wanted to in any way. i liked been a boy and i felt lucky to be a boy and i wanted to grow up manly.
Being gay and being effeminate have little to do with eachother, I don't know why people just assume that being gay will magically make someone act feminene - that's entirely a matter of upbringing and personality.

I know straight men who act girly and straight women who are manlier than most men, so I suppose it proves this point.

It's even more infuriating when homosexual people act feminene (when male) or masculine (when female) because that's how the society expects them to act - they dress differently, they put on voices, I mean, what the hell? It's so ridiculous that it created the "gay voice" stereotype - why do they do that, I just don't get it.

I'm straight but I don't pretend to be some sort of a he-man with a manly voice and overgrown muscles just because that's the stereotype of the manly man - that's stupid, I am who I am. How I look and act should not be determined by whom I'm sexually attracted to.

Reactions: 5 people

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Puberty doesn't just "hit" at a pre-set moment in your life - it's a gradual process. You don't immediately grow a bush of hairs on your intimate areas - some changes begin on the internal part of your body and mind.
Yes i should say, the decision to take action in one way or another. Either it be coming from my thoughtful reasoning or from my body flesh, hormones, genes, whatever impulse is the real question at hand, at the end of the day it will still be my decision.

To get more personal, i think of my sexual orientation as hetero as i feel no attraction for my gender, have conscious fantasy and nightly dreams about women to pinpoint me about it, have hopes and dreams about opposite gender relationships and so forth.. But get me a sexy corssdresser or transgender with no visible genitals doing me the lap dance and i WILL have the sexual impulse, only flat chest and penis could drive me away.. I have no shame to admit it. Will i give in or not is definitely the choice available in this one situation. But ultimately i know myself and a decision from an impulse would not satisfy me and be disrespectful for the crossdressing/transgender person getting me in such a state of passion. I need meaning in every aspect of my existence, that's just me. And passion is dangerous as far as i can tell for myself.

Fun fact, it reminds me of Steam crazy 75% deals on Summer and Christmas sales.. impulse is too strong and Passion > Reason at that time of the year for me. Lol :)

Alaude

Trophies
XP
Country
India
well what my understanding is....
Gay is a disease as it goes against the natural order!!!.
But still violence is not a solution for correcting em :ninja:. there are many ways to correct ppl but violence is not one of them :lol:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes i should say, the decision to take action in one way or another. Either it be coming from my thoughtful reasoning or from my body flesh, hormones, genes, whatever impulse is the real question at hand, at the end of the day it will still be my decision.

To get more personal, i think of my sexual orientation as hetero as i feel no attraction for my gender, have conscious fantasy and nightly dreams about women to pinpoint me about it, have hopes and dreams about opposite gender relationships and so forth.. But get me a sexy corssdresser or transgender with no visible genitals doing me the lap dance and i WILL have the sexual impulse, only flat chest and penis could drive me away.. I have no shame to admit it. Will i give in or not is definitely the choice available in this one situation. But ultimately i know myself and a decision from an impulse would not satisfy me and be disrespectful for the crossdressing/transgender person getting me in such a state of passion. I need meaning in every aspect of my existence, that's just me. And passion is dangerous as far as i can tell for myself.

Fun fact, it reminds me of Steam crazy 75% deals on Summer and Christmas sales.. impulse is too strong and Passion > Reason at that time of the year for me. Lol :)
To further validate this point, think back to "There’s Something About Miriam".

Let's not dwell into the gender side of things not to complicate it any further as gender had little to do with it. Miriam is a transgender model, he/she (using both not to unnecessarily infuriate either side of the transgender debate) has every single quality of a woman as far as looks are concerned and the male contestants of the show were quite fervently fighting for his/her approval. The idea was that the fact that he/she was born male was to be revealed at the final straight at which the winner was to choose whether he wants to accept the prize (one-week cruise with Miriam on a boat with... uhm... implied fun involved plus 10.000 pounds) or reject it. While the winner originally said "yes", he later rejected the prize and even sued the company for emotional damage.

The moment he learned there was a penis involved, he just went "nope". It was all mental - there was nothing about Miriam that he could find non-appealing - he/she was a damn top model.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
But still violence is not a solution for correcting em :ninja:. there are many ways to correct ppl but violence is not one of them :lol:
126.png
Leave

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You're kidding right? =S

Edit: Double Ninja'd

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what made you like men?

Being gay and being effeminate have little to do with eachother, I don't know why people just assume that being gay will magically make someone act feminene - that's entirely a matter of upbringing and personality.

I know straight men who act girly and straight women who are manlier than most men, so I suppose it proves this point.

It's even more infuriating when homosexual people act feminene (when male) or masculine (when female) because that's how the society expects them to act - they dress differently, they put on voices, I mean, what the hell? It's so ridiculous that it created the "gay voice" stereotype - why do they do that, I just don't get it.

I'm straight but I don't pretend to be some sort of a he-man with a manly voice and overgrown muscles just because that's the stereotype of the manly man - that's stupid, I am who I am. How I look and act should not be determined by whom I'm sexually attracted to.

I too don't understand where people keep bringing in gays cross dressing. Believe me, I know a good handful of homosexual males and females. I know a bunch from work, from school, from my other friends. Never once have I seen a guy (seriously) wearing a dress. I've had straight friends dared to come to school in dresses or fishnet before, which was kinda disturbing, but that's the most cross dressing I've seen. Girls dressing as guys is kinda a different story, because a girl dressing/acting kinda tomboyish is fairly socially acceptable.

I've seen gay guys try to be the "pretty boy" very often, that's about it. Where they try to have a better fashion sense and higher grooming standards than other guys, in the sense that they try to be fairly slim and lean, spend some money on some nice clothes (possibly designer ones, rather than cheap Walmart or Target shit), some accessories like nice sunglasses, watches, maybe a piercing, and a nice hair cut, as opposed to me, sitting here in frayed to hell denim shorts, a red Excision tshirt I got at a rave, facial hair, kinda overweight, and a messy haircut.

I seriously... have never seen a gay guy act like a girl or dress like one. And like I said, I've seen gay women dress like guys, but I've seen straight women dress like guys too.

Get the fuck out of this thread. Now.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France

To further validate this point, think back to "There’s Something About Miriam".

Let's not dwell into the gender side of things not to complicate it any further as gender had little to do with it. Miriam is a transgender model, he/she (using both not to unnecessarily infuriate either side of the transgender debate) has every single quality of a woman as far as looks are concerned and the male contestants of the show were quite fervently fighting for his/her approval. The idea was that the fact that he/she was born male was to be revealed at the final straight at which the winner was to choose whether he wants to accept the prize (one-week cruise with Miriam on a boat with... uhm... implied fun involved plus 10.000 pounds) or reject it. While the winner originally said "yes", he later rejected the prize and even sued the company for emotional damage.

The moment he learned there was a penis involved, he just went "nope". It was all mental - there was nothing about Miriam that he could find non-appealing - he/she was a damn top model.
Lol i would have refuse the cruise also but not raise any juridic shit.

Edit: Not sure from the text is he/she post-op or not? Artifical vagina i would reconsider and cruise away almost surely. :O
(Thx for police change it killed my eyes on my monitor ^^)

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

gender roles are completely societal and nothing to do with our real selves imo. with that said i think there is a reason for some gay men to act gay and i think it has to do with the same reason we all play gender roles and that's signaling. in a world when all the gay people act exactly like straight people, how would we ever detect each other?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone