The Wall Street Journal is Trying to Kill Youtube

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Seliph, Apr 3, 2017.

?

Does the Wall Street Journal totally suck?

1. Yes

86.2%
  2. No

13.8%
  1. Seliph
    OP

Seliph Scion of Light/Orphan

Jul 11, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere in Jugdral

Watch the video if you don't believe me. I don't know about you guys, but I love me some Youtube. Wall Street journal is trying to make big brands like Coca-cola, Starbucks, Mcdonalds etc... back out of advertising deals on Youtube by photoshopping pictures and doing other general scummy things. This hurts content creators because those big brands are a huge source of income not only for them but for Youtube as well. Without money from big brands to sustain their platform, Youtube could collapse and it would be all the Wall Street Journal's doing.
    Share the videos to spread the word, Wall Street Journal sucks.

Last edited by Seliph, Apr 4, 2017
    Xiphiidae and TheVinAnator like this.
  2. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Hah, the largest video platform out there vs an ever increasing irreverent news paper. I wonder who will win.

lcie nimbus, nxwing, Ricken and 2 others like this.
  3. Seliph
    OP

Seliph Scion of Light/Orphan

Jul 11, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere in Jugdral
    Who the hell voted no
    I know it was you Friendsxix

Last edited by Seliph, Apr 3, 2017
  4. jimbo13

jimbo13 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 21, 2012
    United States
    Youtube is killing itself with censorship, abusive ideological moderation and trying to monetize themselves.

zlaco123, DarthDub and RustInPeace like this.
  5. OfficialBrony

OfficialBrony

Banned
    Jan 6, 2016
    Canada
    Papa bless

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

6. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Don't think YouTube is going anywhere anytime soon.

lcie nimbus likes this.
  7. Zanoab

Zanoab GBAtemp Regular

Dec 4, 2009
    United States
    More like Google vs a one of a million publisher. Google would only have to remove WSJ from their search results and things will sort themselves out (one way or another...)

8. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    This has been going on for a while. WSJ also tried killing Pewdiepie, and effectively got Disney to cut him from their subsidiary network he was signed to because he made a tongue in cheek antisemitic joke. Also:

YouTube has also started unsubscribing people from controversial channels as well as blocking new videos from subscription feeds. I didn't think this was true until I stopped receiving new videos from JonTron's archive channel.

Seliph likes this.
  9. jimbo13

jimbo13 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 21, 2012
    United States
    Anyone who listens to any bloggers that cover anything slightly controversial or makes jokes at all from the top to the bottom of the ladder they are all discussing the shit coming out of Google management. These aren't isolated incidents or anything in doubt.

Dinosaur media is aggressively bringing any pressure they can, whether political/government/advertising revenue etc. to disenfranchise any competition on the internet.

Last edited by jimbo13, Apr 5, 2017