'The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series - A New Frontier' Premieres This November

TWD_TTS_ANF_logo.jpg

First unveiled during this year's E3, the next installment in the Walking Dead: The Telltale Series now has a title and a release window! 'The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series - A New Frontier' will be premiering this November on consoles, PC/Mac, and mobile platforms.

In a press release today, TellTale Games added the following:
The series will also be available for purchase on a special 'Season Pass Disc' for consoles, which will include the premiere episode for the third season, as well as access to all subsequent episodes in the five episode season for download as they become available.

"This third new season will serve as both a continuation of what's come before in our story, as well as an all-new beginning set nearly four years after the outbreak events of Season One," said Kevin Bruner, Co-Founder and CEO of Telltale Games. "As a harrowing and horrific drama, 'A New Frontier' will explore beyond what it means to survive in a world ravaged by the undead, and will see our characters confronting the new rules of order and justice in a land being brutally reclaimed and rediscovered by what's left of humanity itself."

Players will take control of series newcomer Javier, a man struggling to keep his family together in the new world, while also playing as Clementine, now a teenage survivor holding secrets of her past while fighting to protect family of her own.

"When we began this series, we explored what it meant to protect a character like Clementine at all costs," said Kevin Boyle, Executive Producer on the series. "Years later, meeting her for the first time, Javier will begin to unravel the mystery of who Clementine has become, as her story intersects with his - both of them still driven by the things they value most long after society's collapse."

Check out some of the game's exclusive artwork and screenshots below:

TWD_TTS_ANF_Poster.jpg Clem-BabyAJ-1920x1080.jpg Junkyard-1920x1080.jpg Slaughterhouse-1920x1080.jpg THEWALKINGDEAD_reveal_screen.jpg
:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Inbox

Reactions: Chary and T-hug

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Its gonna be running on the horrible new engine and still gonna be an episode every 3-4 months. Can't get worse than that lol
The first engine was really poor visualy... can't be worse, but who cares, even if the choices are not that "important" the sotry is always really catchy with theses guys so, im hyped !

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not going to lie, I'm Walking Dead saturated. Haven't even gotten pass season 4. Let alone the prequel. Not saying the game shouldn't be made, but not excited for it.
I can only take this genre for so long, until I'm disinterested.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
The first engine was really poor visualy... can't be worse, but who cares, even if the choices are not that "important" the sotry is always really catchy with theses guys so, im hyped !
For a visual/story driven game like that an FPS of at least 24 which is the normal TV frames count or 30+ is needed, it just breaks the atmosphere if its running on 15 FPS like the Batman series is running right now.
The new engine is so poor and i hope they fix that until WD release.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh shit! Is hating on TellTale and its games the new bandwagon?
Alright uh.. the graphics are trash?

Wait no, what the hell? Why is everyone hating? '_>' Even when some options are just an illusion of choice, the stories are amazing. It's TellTale we're talking, they will make a great story. (Hell, even Minecraft Story Mode is good, so props to them.)

MKKhanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a visual/story driven game like that an FPS of at least 24 which is the normal TV frames count or 30+ is needed, it just breaks the atmosphere if its running on 15 FPS like the Batman series is running right now.
The new engine is so poor and i hope they fix that until WD release.

Not only that, but the TOTAL PAUSES while the game loads a scene or something, not only kills momentum and mood, but also leads to random kills if you don´t figure out what to do quickly (unless you are repeating that scene because, well, you got killed previously)

Reactions: GamerzHell9137

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Season pass disc....gah!

I want to buy your buggy as hell games, I really do, but a physical disc without actual content on it is worthless.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Jesus. I lost track of Telltale's TWD after I finished Season 1 and now there's a ton of TWD stuff. Good for the fans, I guess.

CoolFangs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not going to lie, I'm Walking Dead saturated. Haven't even gotten pass season 4. Let alone the prequel. Not saying the game shouldn't be made, but not excited for it.
I can only take this genre for so long, until I'm disinterested.
Um, are you talking about the game or the show? The game has only had two seasons thus far, not counting the spinoff that has nothing to do with the other games (but ties in with the comics).
Also what prequel are you talking about?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, are you talking about the game or the show? The game has only had two seasons thus far, not counting the spinoff that has nothing to do with the other games (but ties in with the comics).
Also what prequel are you talking about?
I was talking about the Walking Dead in general. The prequel I'm talking about is Fear the Walking Dead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn