The Walking Dead Season 3 returns in January despite studio closure

vS9pRdG.png

After developer Telltale Games went bankrupt earlier this year, the studio left one of its biggest series unfinished, with The Walking Dead: Season 3 only receiving two episodes. A few weeks later, Skybound Entertainment decided to step in and help get the series completed by taking on a handful of ex-Telltale employees. The third episode of The Final Season, "Broken Toys", has just been announced for a release next month on January 15, 2019 on all available platforms. This also means that the game, which had been removed from some digital storefronts, will make a return in the time leading up to the new episode's launch.

:arrow: Source

Wrathcaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Great, everyone that already had the season pass or invested into the first 2 episodes can now sigh in relief lol.
I'll wait until it's fully finished to finally see how the story ends

Reactions: CallmeBerto

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bought the season before release and, naturally, am glad to learn that this will come to an end.
I mean, come on. This is the final season. Two episodes in and the studio disintegrates, with only two episodes remaining to wrap the story up.
This would have been a huge disappointment.
I hope the quality can somewhat hold up, now that studios have changed, but at this point I'm just glad it's getting *some* kind of closure. Even if it only had been some compromise solution, like doing a non-interactive sequence of cutscenes to wrap the story up.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
i don't know the whole story, but can they somehow rely on crowdfunding as well if budget is a problem?
I think things like IP licensing might be an issue with crowdfunding projects. Budget shouldn't be an issue now that Skybound is taking care, they hold the TWD IP as well I think.

I'm glad to see at least some closure to this entire debacle, hopefully the devs will find themselves a stable income in the gaming industry.

Funny how a basically bankrupt studio is closed but by sheer will of the fans (and Skybound) they were able to end a series, meanwhile a flourishing company worth billions can't be bothered to finish their series for over 12 years (I'm looking at you, Valve).

Reactions: altorn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1