The Ur-Quan Masters MegaMod for Switch [GAME=/game/star-control-ii-the-ur-quan-masters.1046]Star Control II[/GAME]
The Ur-Quan Masters MegaMod is a fork of The Ur-Quan Masters that continues the HD mod with a veritable smorgasbord of extra features.
A full list of changes and features can be found on the Main site.
And the current changelog can be found in the repository: Changelog
- Copy the contents of the release zip file to your sdmc:/switch/ folder
- Run the game through the hbmenu
Game content like mm-0.8.0.85-content.uqm goes in the ./content/packages folder relative to the NRO.
All the extra addons like mm-0.8.0.85-hd.uqm and uqm-0.7.0-3dovideo.uqm go in ./content/addons.
You can download more addons on the MegaMod site.
- The game occasionally crashes on start
- When using the HD content, most settings screens in the main menu become almost unusable because of lagging
- Same thing happens occasionally during dialogue sequences (so far only once for me)
- The rest of the game plays perfectly well
- Seems like a threading issue
The game is configured to use Joycon 1 and Joycon 2 by default, so it should be playable out of the box. You can adjust the controls in the settings, in ./content/*.key and ./config/flight.cfg
GitHub page: https://github.com/yokai-shogun/UQM-MegaMod-Switch/tree/switch
Last edited by victor_sav,