Gaming the UPDATES in Mario Galaxy 2

cwlcwl1212

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, i've read some post said that Mario G2 has a Updates w/ the game just as Nintendo usually will do.

belong to this post: http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-games/59089-gu...galaxy-2-a.html

Base on the post above said, the only way that you can SKIP the update is install a "Pre-Loader"

which is the way that i hate the most, b/c install something into your wii means "High Risky"

therefore, i come to this formu and i just wanna ask u guys some questions ( >_

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
clonesniper666 said:
If you have bootmii as boot2 then just install preloader, it is worth it. If not then just use neogamma like Delta517 said it auto skips updates.
if u have bootmii as IOS u should install priiloader for brick protection... when u have bootmii as boot2, then I would say priiloader is optional (otherwise it is a must IMHO)

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Would be nice if you could tell us if you got BootMii installed.

Also, welcome to GBAtemp
tongue.gif

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
cwlcwl1212 said:
1, Is there anyway that i can SKIP this UPDATES without install the Pre-Loader?
yes, u can use startpatch instead, but I think priiloader is better
2, Is there any tools that i can remove the updates on my computer?
if u use wiibackupmanager, u can tell it to only copy the game partition, then u can burn that to a disc and it should work without having the update nag you.
3, Is there anyway that there are some kind of Backup-Launcher or the Options in those Backup-Launcher that i can use to SKIP the UPDATES?
as already mentioned, neogamma is what u want

Thanks for reading my post.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
I hate to be a 'me-too!' in this thread, but I am not sure what you mean exactly by updates. I am under the impression that SMG2 is still under 4.2 which you already have installed (as do I), so I don't see the problem xD, but I don't know much about the Wii, so there you go.

All I have done is install BootMii/Homebrew Channel...I haven't even applied the trucha bug, or have done much research on it. Should I run the retail disc through neogamma/geckoos/whatever to avoid something? Thanks

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u can run it through neogamma to avoid any disc updates, but u haven't installed the necessary things to do this (u need cIOS249, and to install that, u need the trucha bug)

what u want to do, is use one of the 3 best guides for wii hacking (in no particular order)
1)NUS Auto Downloader (from my signature)
2)the complete softmod guide
3)the simplistic mod, stickied in gbatemps wii hacking section

D

Deleted-247497

does usbloader gx block the update? because i just installed priiloader and didn't know how to use it or anthing so i just got rid of it. i thought i heard that usbloader gx blocks updates, and yes i am using it with cios249

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
it depends on what update is on the disk, u should be fine if u are already on 4.2 (in other words, it wont ask u to update)... but if even one thing is not 'up to date' it will ask u to update.

So if the disk has stub IOS249 on there (which is v65535), and u have cios249 v19 installed, it will force u to update to play from the disc channel without using any system menu hacks

anyways, what r u doing with the HBC if u don't intend to use it to truly mod your wii?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have the scrubbed SMG2, it probably doesn't have any updates as scrubbing usually removes them to save space.

cwlcwl1212

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omg, thx for all the replies above, i really appreciate that ( >__0)o

Now, all i needa do it's just waiting for the download to be finished, then im way to GO ( >_0)b

D

Deleted-247497

whats the best thing to use on a 4.2 wii (i think) to block updates if i want to use it with usb loader gx? just the simplest way to blockem

edit: k i think im gonna try startpatch, seems like the easiest thing, ill tell you guys how it goes

Ghar7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, my wii is still on 4.1 I believe and all I ever installed on it is the homebrew channel so I can use RawkSD customs... will updating to play Mario Galaxy 2 brick it/mess anything up or would it be ok to just update? thanks

Hiro_x2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ghar7 said:
Hi guys, my wii is still on 4.1 I believe and all I ever installed on it is the homebrew channel so I can use RawkSD customs... will updating to play Mario Galaxy 2 brick it/mess anything up or would it be ok to just update? thanks

Im running 4.1u, bootmii as boot2,... and launched the game through hbc-neogamma and its worked fine so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho