Hacking The update I want most from Gateway is reliability.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I agree 100% with OP. I use OoT to boot into GW (I also don't like the idea of downgrading sysnand's system settings) and a lot of the time when the screen flashes when launching the exploit it just hands on some odd coloured screen without the GW logo appearing at all. Otherwise sometimes when I do reach the GW menu launching emuNAND leads to a black screen.
So yeah I agree it's very much hit-and-miss.

Hkari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be honest, the biggest bug that I want to see fixed and the feature I want the most, especially since a lot of people on here have Japanese N3DS units, is that the ONLY way currently to play a game region free and in English(or whatever language you prefer), is to play it off the Red Card.

I want to be able to install a region free CIA and have it play in English and not Japanese. Mind you, these are the same CIA files that I've installed on my old USA XL 3DS and for a few people and they all play fine in the correct language. But, on the Japanese N3DS, even made from American ROMS I dumped(I dump all my own carts), they all still play in Japanese in CIA format.

It'd be nice if that was fixed, as I don't believe Region switching the EmuNAND is really at a point that it's feasible for everyone and I don't think there's a way to change the system language to English on the main menu.

I don't know exactly how to do it, but I read that you can accomplish something like that editing the game file. At some point, there will be flags that match the language of the system to the language files on the game. For example, 01 would direct to jascript.txt, 02 would direct to enscript.txt, et cetera. A japanese N3DS would be 01, a NA or EU english one would be 02, an EU german one 03 (I'm making up all these codes btw). To get the english script to come up on a japanese system, you would have to make it so that instead of the code saying 01 > jascript.txt, the line of code is rerouted to 01 > enscript.txt. Or you could rename the english one to the japanese one and vice versa, depending on how the file system works.

I saw this on a thread here, but unfortunately didn't save it because I didn't need it. If you want to try searching, try looking up Bravely default. I believe that was a cartridge game that people were having problems were the (U) version would play in japanese with no way to change it on japanese systems.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I'm not. I've seen several people mention it in passing in the past week alone.

The only ones I've seen are the ones who aren't installing it correctly, from members who know GW I have not seen them have any issues accessing the GW menu. That includes me.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once in emunand why do you ever switch off your 3ds? They're designed to be kept on continuously.

Not exactly, if the battery dies you will have to go back in to emunand anyways. As stated, members that do know GW haven't had any issues. All you need to worry about is getting the exploid to load the launder.dat file. From there it should be fine.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With 3.1 booting into the Gateway Menu was a certainty from CN, but getting emuNAND to start was hit or miss.
Now on 3.2 booting into the Gateway Menu is hit or miss AND getting into emuNAND is still hit or miss. This makes my overall emuNAND startup stats roughly (I'm guessing) 65% success - around 1 in 3 failures somewhere along the way.

I think these inconsistencies are all due to the N3DS using new encryption schemes or whatever every time the system is rebooted. I reformatted emuNAND several times and I only have black screen's maybe once out of every 20 times booting it up.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only ones I've seen are the ones who aren't installing it correctly, from members who know GW I have not seen them have any issues accessing the GW menu. That includes me.
I have 3 N3DSs and have issues on all of them. It is possible I didn't do something correctly but I don't think so. Maybe it is the cards, I have a mix of Sandisk ultra and Samsung Evo 32 or 64GB cards from Amazon. I have two or 3 64s I haven't opened yet so eventually when space becomes an issue I will switch it up and see what happens.

They seem to hang either on the exploit most frequently but only occasionally on the GW menu. Mostly use CN but have Oot I use as well. What I have found is if it is going to hang on launching the exploit it is going to do it 2 or 3 times before I get to the GW menu.

I format my cards with SD Formatter and then use windows for FAT32 on the internal. I should try a different program sometime and maybe even my wife's MacBook.

Not complaining at all, I am glad it works as well as it does. :) But with all you folks having no problems at all there is certainly some redo for improvement on my end.

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Not exactly, if the battery dies you will have to go back in to emunand anyways. As stated, members that do know GW haven't had any issues. All you need to worry about is getting the exploid to load the launder.dat file. From there it should be fine.

Yes, that's very very difficult. Clearly that's the problem here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying. +1