The upcoming Panzer Dragoon remake will also release on Steam, later this year

header.jpg

Late last year, SEGA announced that one of their biggest Sega Saturn classics, Panzer Dragoon, would be getting a full remake. During the Nintendo Direct at E3 2019, we got to get a glimpse at what the reimagined game would look like, along with confirmation of the platform: a presumed exclusive for the Nintendo Switch. Now, that's no longer the case, as Panzer Dragoon: Remake has been announced for PC, and will release on Steam this Winter, alongside the Switch version. Panzer Dragoon II: Zwei will also receive a remake for the same platforms, in 2020.

:arrow: Source

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is fantastic and all, but a Saga remake should be top priority!!!

Not happening, they can't just make it look prettier they lose the code. They would have to start from scratch it would be an expensive long term project, for a game that made them peanuts.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Best chance to play Saga on Switch is when Yaba Sanshiro core for Retroarch gets released.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zwei remake confirmed and a Pc release woo!
Sad for the switch though as Panzer Dragoon was one of my excuses for owning a Switch but if its on PC I'd rather go there.
Hopefully a special PC release box could happen but Im just dreaming too much.
Hope it does well as Id love to see Saga remade. Im sure theres a bigger fan demand for it nowadays, especially if these remakes sell well.

Really excited for this and nice to see the graphics reauirements arent too crazy on PC. The series deserves so much mkre attettion.
Fingers croaswd its Spyro remake levels of good.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That remake isn't developed by SEGA though.
It is actually developed by MegaPixel Studio and published by Forever Entertainment.
SEGA aren't involved with it, and they probably just gave up the IP.

I didn't realize that, but it doesn't surprise me. Sega seems to only want to put out big sellers like Yakuza, Persona and Sonic these days. It would take a big budget to do Saga though I think that makes it even less likely a remake ever happens without Sega's money behind it.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome! Hopefully the Switch won't be too anemic for this game!

You know, while they're at it, they could port Crazzzzy Taxi 3, JSRF, and Panzer Dragoon Orta to modern platforms and kill most of the need for an OG Xbox emulator on PC!

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome! Hopefully the Switch won't be too anemic for this game!

You know, while they're at it, they could port Crazzzzy Taxi 3, JSRF, and Panzer Dragoon Orta to modern platforms and kill most of the need for an OG Xbox emulator on PC!

You're forgetting an important fact, Sega isn't porting this. I would love those games on Switch though, although I have them on my rgh Xbox 360.

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're forgetting an important fact, Sega isn't porting this. I would love those games on Switch though, although I have them on my rgh Xbox 360.

Yeah, I just read @RedoLane's post. Did they sell the rights to the IP?

That's better than letting it wither and rot in legal document hell like some companies do... *Darkstalkers intensifies*

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I guess so. Other than Shenmue 1 and 2 HD Sega hasn't really shown much love to their older franchises this gen, other than a few ports like Virtua Racing.

Fun fact: the devs that made the Panzer Dragoon Trilogy ended up after being called Smilebit and made Jet Set Radio and Future, as well as Orta.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1