The upcoming Panzer Dragoon remake will also release on Steam, later this year

header.jpg

Late last year, SEGA announced that one of their biggest Sega Saturn classics, Panzer Dragoon, would be getting a full remake. During the Nintendo Direct at E3 2019, we got to get a glimpse at what the reimagined game would look like, along with confirmation of the platform: a presumed exclusive for the Nintendo Switch. Now, that's no longer the case, as Panzer Dragoon: Remake has been announced for PC, and will release on Steam this Winter, alongside the Switch version. Panzer Dragoon II: Zwei will also receive a remake for the same platforms, in 2020.

:arrow: Source

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm sure they could easily do it but just choose not to. Your arguments are idiotic.

No rpgs in high definition are cheap and easy to make you're just plain wrong.

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is cool and all, but I suspect they're going to shove Denuvo into it at the last second like they've been doing recently. Here's hoping they don't.. Otherwise I won't be buying this.

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That remake isn't developed by SEGA though.
It is actually developed by MegaPixel Studio and published by Forever Entertainment.
SEGA aren't involved with it, and they probably just gave up the IP.
Sega has become rather... lenient on "borrowing" their intellectual property for other devs and publishers to work on. It had started with Bayonetta, and then moved onwards to Wonder Boy, Rez, Shenmue, Toejam & Earl, Panzer Dragoon, Streets of Rage and Space Channel 5. Sega is still the retainer of all those intellectual properties, but even the copyrights ownership statings in said games are kept to a bare minimum, usually just a little something in the title screen or credits. Nothing even close to the lushous "Sega" title cards the company's famous for.

I don't know exactly what's the deal with it, but I'm glad it became possible for so many dormant great IPs to resurface in the form of new classics. I hope this might make possible for new outings or portings of games such as Panzer Dragoon Orta and RPG, Jet Set Radio Future and Skies of Arcadia. Even a new Phantasy Star outsorced for a great studio would be excellent as well.

Guess Sega finally realized the strength of many of these IPs and how to get the best of them, in an unusual manner. The company itself seems to develop very little internally, mostly Sonic and the Yakuza titles. I guess it just goes how things change.

Reactions: RedoLane

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more