The unoffical game request topic

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by vapour99, Oct 26, 2007.

Oct 26, 2007
  1. vapour99
    OP

Newcomer vapour99 Member

Canada
    Well we as nds homebrewers sure are lucky when it comes to homebrew. There are hundreds of choices for home-made and coded original (or not) games. The only problem is that well ..... most of them are of equivalent quality as a peice of steaming crap (or the gba temp podcast... ooooohhhh [​IMG] ). As a result this topic s for you people out there who wanted somthing on your ds that you played and said

"wow! that would really work on a ds!"

Here are my suggestions and why:

- Crimsonland; any top down shooter would work on a DS.... we just dont have any good ones yet (operation veitnam= [​IMG] ) found at: http://crimsonland.reflexive.com/

-Endless war same reasons as crimsonland, a fun and addictive shooter that was created for flash. found here: http://www.uberarcade.com/flash/endless-war-3.html

-my top request!!!! the game that I think would be the best nds homebrew is this: soldat. This game is PERFECT for the ds. The game is like counter strike only 2 dimensional (counter strike meets worms)! it has a simple control scheme (stylus used for aim) and it does not require immense graphical poweress. also very addicttive. can be downloaded for FREE (recmmends registry but does not enforce it) at http://www.acid-play.com/download/soldat/

in fact; here is a screenshot of soldat in action: (the comment is somthing the soldier "types" after killing someone

[​IMG]

sorry for the long read; but I hope you get my desire for these games on a ds! (btw a ds flash player would also be nice along with geos , etc but i digress... [​IMG] )

2. Gore

Member Gore GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
  3. notnarb

Member notnarb Not narbing it up

The owner of soldat isn't releasing his source anytime soon and I highly doubt you would be able to use the servers without it. Another huge problem is the 30KB/sec limit, but I don't know how much Soldat uses.

I am currently working on a top down shooter, but I can see why one hasn't been developed yet

Edit: The DS isn't powerful enough to play flash games, never going to happen

4. moozxy

Member moozxy hamboning

United Kingdom
    Yet another gamer request topic...

5. Ducky

Member Ducky QUACKJECTION!

Israel
  6. Gore

Member Gore GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I didn't mean the exact game.
    I meant something similiar.
    It'd make a good homebrew.

The flash focus minigame is boring.
    And the dude always hits it even when he hits opposite where it is.

And it's limited.

Edit: I need to learn to think.
    The Balls of Fury game is ping pong.

7. hova1

Member hova1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
  8. notnarb

Member notnarb Not narbing it up

9. vapour99
    OP

Newcomer vapour99 Member

Canada
    mabye I would.... Im taking a course in coding and If I like it, learning a new coding language would be a small price to pay for new ds games! [​IMG]

but I cant right now... [​IMG]

10. Eyedunno

Member Eyedunno GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    A Worms game (either Worms 2, Worms Armageddon, or Worms World Party) that uses original CD data with a made-for-DS engine (much like the Wolf3D and Lemmings projects). Open Warfare 2 is an amazing game, but I know there are some people that would also like to take the PC versions with them.

11. bushmaori

Newcomer bushmaori Newbie

New Zealand
    I would really like to see a Bleach DS 2nd translation, maybe even just the menus and say the card effects as well.
    I looked into doing this myself but lost straight away and then I felt stupid.

12. HellShade

Member HellShade GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    The DS doesn't have enough pixels for that.

13. NightKry

Member NightKry GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    LieroX is a very good game.

ANd I would like someone to (pleaseeeee) upload a undubbed English Bleach Sword of Fate. Pleaseeee?

14. gukid

Newcomer gukid Advanced Member

Canada
    Not that I expect anyone to develop these, but I'd love to see some of the old Microprose PC games on the DS. X-Com, Master of Magic, Civ, Master of Orion... that and Tyrian. [​IMG]