The unoffical game request topic

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by vapour99, Oct 26, 2007.

1. vapour99
    OP

vapour99 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2007
    Canada
    ontario, eh
    Well we as nds homebrewers sure are lucky when it comes to homebrew. There are hundreds of choices for home-made and coded original (or not) games. The only problem is that well ..... most of them are of equivalent quality as a peice of steaming crap (or the gba temp podcast... ooooohhhh [​IMG] ). As a result this topic s for you people out there who wanted somthing on your ds that you played and said

"wow! that would really work on a ds!"

Here are my suggestions and why:

- Crimsonland; any top down shooter would work on a DS.... we just dont have any good ones yet (operation veitnam= [​IMG] ) found at: http://crimsonland.reflexive.com/

-Endless war same reasons as crimsonland, a fun and addictive shooter that was created for flash. found here: http://www.uberarcade.com/flash/endless-war-3.html

-my top request!!!! the game that I think would be the best nds homebrew is this: soldat. This game is PERFECT for the ds. The game is like counter strike only 2 dimensional (counter strike meets worms)! it has a simple control scheme (stylus used for aim) and it does not require immense graphical poweress. also very addicttive. can be downloaded for FREE (recmmends registry but does not enforce it) at http://www.acid-play.com/download/soldat/

in fact; here is a screenshot of soldat in action: (the comment is somthing the soldier "types" after killing someone

[​IMG]

sorry for the long read; but I hope you get my desire for these games on a ds! (btw a ds flash player would also be nice along with geos , etc but i digress... [​IMG] )

2. Gore

Gore GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 15, 2007
    United States
  3. notnarb

notnarb Not narbing it up

Jun 18, 2007
    The owner of soldat isn't releasing his source anytime soon and I highly doubt you would be able to use the servers without it. Another huge problem is the 30KB/sec limit, but I don't know how much Soldat uses.

I am currently working on a top down shooter, but I can see why one hasn't been developed yet

Edit: The DS isn't powerful enough to play flash games, never going to happen

4. moozxy

moozxy hamboning

Jul 22, 2007
    Yet another gamer request topic...

5. Ducky

Ducky QUACKJECTION!

Oct 13, 2007
    Iceland
    Duckling Land!
  6. Gore

Gore GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 15, 2007
    United States
    I didn't mean the exact game.
    I meant something similiar.
    It'd make a good homebrew.

The flash focus minigame is boring.
    And the dude always hits it even when he hits opposite where it is.

And it's limited.

Edit: I need to learn to think.
    The Balls of Fury game is ping pong.

7. hova1

hova1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 26, 2007
    Gambia, The
  8. notnarb

notnarb Not narbing it up

Jun 18, 2007
  9. vapour99
    OP

vapour99 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2007
    Canada
    ontario, eh
    mabye I would.... Im taking a course in coding and If I like it, learning a new coding language would be a small price to pay for new ds games! [​IMG]

but I cant right now... [​IMG]

10. Eyedunno

Eyedunno GBAtemp Regular

Oct 20, 2007
    A Worms game (either Worms 2, Worms Armageddon, or Worms World Party) that uses original CD data with a made-for-DS engine (much like the Wolf3D and Lemmings projects). Open Warfare 2 is an amazing game, but I know there are some people that would also like to take the PC versions with them.

11. bushmaori

bushmaori Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2007
    New Zealand
    I would really like to see a Bleach DS 2nd translation, maybe even just the menus and say the card effects as well.
    I looked into doing this myself but lost straight away and then I felt stupid.

12. HellShade

HellShade GBAtemp Regular

Jul 13, 2007
    Canada
    The DS doesn't have enough pixels for that.

13. NightKry

NightKry GBAtemp Regular

Jul 19, 2007
    Canada
    Like, here?
    LieroX is a very good game.

ANd I would like someone to (pleaseeeee) upload a undubbed English Bleach Sword of Fate. Pleaseeee?

14. gukid

gukid Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2006
    Canada
    Not that I expect anyone to develop these, but I'd love to see some of the old Microprose PC games on the DS. X-Com, Master of Magic, Civ, Master of Orion... that and Tyrian. [​IMG]