Hacking The ultimate list of mods to enter RCM

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
That depends on the user. Soldering might be more convenient for experienced users.
Not really. Have been soldering for nearly 20 years... Don't really see the point to simply test FG. Would rather a temp solution like the jig but at $50 postage and no 3d printer. The paperclip took less than a minute to shape.

Technicmaster0

OP
Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Not really. Have been soldering for nearly 20 years... Don't really see the point to simply test FG. Would rather a temp solution like the jig but at $50 postage and no 3d printer. The paperclip took less than a minute to shape.
But the papeclip doesn't look as good, you have to disconnect the joy con every time you want to launch rcm etc.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After days of fiddling with different positions, I finally managed to boot my Switch into RCM with 2 screwdrivers :D I had to angle them as diagonally as possible so that it would look more like an X once it happened. Now I can confidently wait for whatever is coming this summer knowing I can boot into RCM whenever I want.

darkomega9408

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, finally after hours of trying I'm able to enter RCM in Switch and I want to share this little jig with you guys.

I have crazily tried safety pin method hours and just not able to make it work (doesn't have screwdrivers, cable or paper pins... to try other ones), then just when I begin to give up my brother come and asked me if I have a Phone Sim Getter little pin because he lost his and he wanted to change the Sim, I have to thank my brother a lot for this.

For some mystery/magical reason, the Phone Sim Getter pin of Xiaomi phone is perfectly fitted with the right side of the Switch, it is not just work immediately but also with 100% success rate.

Attachments

• IMG_20180428_233335.jpg
    IMG_20180428_233335.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 977
  • IMG_20180428_234913.jpg
    IMG_20180428_234913.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 996
  • IMG_20180428_234931.jpg
    IMG_20180428_234931.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,123

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys, finally after hours of trying I'm able to enter RCM in Switch and I want to share this little jig with you guys.

I have crazily tried safety pin method hours and just not able to make it work (doesn't have screwdrivers, cable or paper pins... to try other ones), then just when I begin to give up my brother come and asked me if I have a Phone Sim Getter little pin because he lost his and he wanted to change the Sim, I have to thank my brother a lot for this.

For some mystery/magical reason, the Phone Sim Getter pin of Xiaomi phone is perfectly fitted with the right side of the Switch, it is not just work immediately but also with 100% success rate.
you are bascily shorting all pins through.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't think so, the curved bottom part of the Sim Getter doesn't touch any pins, only two straight side of Sim Getter touch pin 1 and pin 10, that why I think this Sim Getter is magically fitted.
if you pressit in you are shorting all. the pins get closer to ground further in.

Shadow LAG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so, the curved bottom part of the Sim Getter doesn't touch any pins, only two straight side of Sim Getter touch pin 1 and pin 10, that why I think this Sim Getter is magically fitted.

That still looks dangerous as all hell. If I were you, I would still clip off the bottom. If that slides even slightly over your pins when pulling it out, you will be bridging 5V pin across all your connectors into ground. Highly don't recommend this.

darkomega9408

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks ken28 and Shadow LAG, yeah you're right, I will try to clip off the bottom or try the other side (the side with only one straight pop out)

SpaceshipNayib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 screwdriver shorting 9 and 10 does the trick for me.

So I'm a little confused about this. From some sources, I'm reading 9 and 10 will work, and other sources I'm reading that it has to be certain connections (and the suggestion that 9 and 10 will not work.

Can anyone provide a definite answer?

Shadow LAG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm a little confused about this. From some sources, I'm reading 9 and 10 will work, and other sources I'm reading that it has to be certain connections (and the suggestion that 9 and 10 will not work.

Can anyone provide a definite answer?

Pin 9 and 1 are both ground either will work. You can even ground it to the fan grill. As long as you ground pin 10, that's all that matters.

Reactions: SpaceshipNayib

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use a tiny piece of aluminum foil i've wadded up to make a little wedge that fits in the rail and connects pin 9 with 10, works well

Technicmaster0

OP
Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pin 9 and 1 are both ground either will work. You can even ground it to the fan grill. As long as you ground pin 10, that's all that matters.
Pin 9 is not exactly ground. It's not directly connected to ground and might not be ground under certain circumstances.

Last edited by Technicmaster0,

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
be wary that a piece if foil might break off and cause trouble
its a really compact and tiny piece, so hopefully that shouldn't happen. it's just thick enough to wedge in without being too big, and just wide enough to touch the pins when inserted into the rail all the way to the right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.