The Typing of the Dead Music Problem

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Inunah, Jun 5, 2010.

Jun 5, 2010
  1. Inunah
    OP

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    I got The Typing of the Dead from a secret new source of mine, but it installed with NO music! What do I do? I have some other music I'd happily put into the game, but I don't know how to do it.

I would use the music that came with the demo version of that game but that didn't come with music either.

EDIT: I noticed I need .wavs
    How do I convert .mp3 to .wav?

2. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    If it's a PC game, it's a rip version. Look around for a full version. Not much else you can do unless the release group has a music pack.

3. Inunah
    OP

United States
    Well, I don't care if it's the actual soundtrack for it, I just want to know how to do the folder and naming system so I can put any music in it.

And it was the full version I downloaded... It just froze at 100% before it got the music and sound effects in (I got the sound effects from the demo though, so I'm good there.).........

Trying just putting music in the BGM folder to see if it works.

EDIT: No it did not.

4. Inunah
    OP

United States
    Hey it came with something to get the waves, but it didn't work. [​IMG] And I can't try again because the .bat file deleted the file needed. (It's supposed to do that, I think)

EDIT: It wasn't working because my computer deleted a needed file for the wav files.... Because it was a trojan virus, apparently. Googling the name of the needed file brought up countless threads about the file being a trojan.

Anyone have any clue how the system of folders works? I'd like to put my own music in manually.

5. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    .bat file, sounds like a rip to me. The program the bat file calls to convert mp3s to wav may not like newer versions of Windows.
    You could try unpacking this game on an older version of Windows, or have a look at the contents of the bat file and see what program its calling to convert, then have that program run in compatibility mode before you execute the bat file.

There's dozens of freeware apps out there that can convert from mp3 to .wav. The game may only accept specific wav files with the right settings (44,100 Hz, 16 bits, stereo and so on). If you do manage to convert the original music you could simply examine the wav files to see.

6. Inunah
    OP

United States
    That's the problem. I can't get the installer to install the program that needs converting. When I start the .bat, it flashes saying it can't find a certain program.
    The name of it is mythxbak.exe, and my antivirus pulled and deleted it because it was recognized as a trojan. There were like hundreds of pages on google about this program being a trojan. I looked at about 4 pages, but in those 4 pages there were approx. 0 links to anything about a safe version. Every single link was about "What is mythxbak.exe" or "mythxbak.exe is a trojan" or "mythxbak.exe cannot be deleted, trojan" or something.

I got myth.bak, which is the second file needed with the .bat converting program, and the .bat itself, but mythxbak.exe, I dunno...... [​IMG]

I don't know how to look at contents of a bat file, either........

7. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Might as well just run an external audio player in the background, if you don't care about the actual score.

PS: Duck released a full rip of the game about 8 years ago. Might try looking for that one.

8. Inunah
    OP

United States
    Too lazy to find Duck's release..

And I never thought of that. [​IMG]