The TurboGrafx-16 Mini gets new release date for the US, European launch still unclear

qxcvstb.png

Following the delay due to COVID-19, the TurboGrafx-16 Mini has found a new release date, at least in the United States. Those that pre-ordered the throwback console on Amazon can expect theirs to ship soon, and arrive on May 22nd. Initially, the system was supposed to release on March 19th worldwide, but it only managed to launch in Japan, with European shipments delayed indefinitely. The official Twitter account from Konami states that they're keeping an eye on a situation, and for those in Europe to hang in there as they try to get a new release date set in stone.

:arrow: Source

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Liked Europe version than ugly USA version but I wont be buying it because most games sucks except Castlevania. Not good enough so I will save my money for PS5 since I already have SNES MINI and NES MINI EUROPE VERSIONS!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Ah good, glad when I saw the release date on Amazon it wasn't just a placeholder :lol:

Nabbed a pre-order yesterday, since I'll never get my hands on a real TG16 in good condition for cheap, so this is a good enough alternative I suppose.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not even the Raspberry pi 4 is powerful enough for that. But it is powerful enough for somewhat accurate Playstation emulation.

That makes the Playstation Mini even worse.

How are those Raspberry devices I remember a friend of mines had one and he had to build it... I asked him why he just didn't buy an android box is there really a perk into owning one vs an android box?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
How are those Raspberry devices I remember a friend of mines had one and he had to build it... I asked him why he just didn't buy an android box is there really a perk into owning one vs an android box?
Raspberry Pis are cheap ($35), have long time support from the manufacturers and the community, and can do a ton more things than any Android TV box can. I can think of a whole 1 Android TV box that's any good whatsoever, and that's the Shield TV at $150+.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raspberry Pis are cheap ($35), have long time support from the manufacturers and the community, and can do a ton more things than any Android TV box can. I can think of a whole 1 Android TV box that's any good whatsoever, and that's the Shield TV at $150+.

Okay cool I'll take a look into it

evilone

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Got mine from Japan, pretty quick to Europe.
Okay, you have to pay additional Tax / Shiping, but it was only 20%.

Attachments

• IMG_7857.jpg
    IMG_7857.jpg
    1,007.9 KB · Views: 156

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end