The truth about the current counsle war (PS3 vs. 360)

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Joe88, May 15, 2008.

1. Joe88
    OP

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    its pretty long so get comfy...

2. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Winner:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

3. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    In all seriousness though, the best console is the one that has the games you want.

Stop arguing over which is "superior", you stupid fucks. Find something better to do with your time (like, god forbid, actually playing the console(s) you chose instead of sitting around trying to slap other people with your e-penis).

4. feds4u

Banned feds4u Banned

United States
    Winner:

5. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Wow how original xbots...to me that instantly brands you a mindless potentially lifelong sony tool. Do the Sony kids have some equally lame name? I've intentionally stayed out of the HD console war bs as neither offer me crap I can't do on my PC, especially my new quad core machine so I could give a damn truly.

Urza makes a great point in you and others of your kind acting like stupid fucks trying to flame bait a fight with your worthless superiority battles.

You have PS3, it's the most powerful in practice and paper, but how many years until someone can really tap that to make a 360 game look like trash? Why is it the 360 seems to get more support and their games get ported to the supposedly better device eh? As if 360 is absolved, I hear enough crap at work from a 360 owner who has lovely live issues on CoD4 as if they can't keep a network up well enough. And of course with 360 you could play the stupid 'it is just a fps, sports, and racing box meant for a narrow focused market.' Each one you can fairly take a dump on stating the obvious and then spinning it far worse than my weak attempts. It's just pointless, and sadly I do have to wonder and not just know some mod will lock this crap and head it off before it snowballs into a toady fanboy war.

6. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    This man speaks the truth.

Also, I honestly don't give a fuck about all that bullshit. I choose the console I want with games I WANT. I don't give a fuck about that shit. That's like saying the PSP is better, just because it has better graphics. Besides, that vid was too one sided, and made up of nothing but PS3 fanboys.

Before you PS3 fanboys label me as a 360 fanboy, just know that I'm planning to get both the 360 and the PS3 in the near future, because I know the PS3 will last longer, while it currently only has 2 games I want that is out, but I know that will change (MSG4, LBP). But the 360 has better games in my opinion, or at in the current times anyway.

Instead of being some a$$holes, just play the games without going on the internet and telling everyone about how good the PS3 is, or how much the 360 sucks.

7. Joe88
    OP

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    lol

I only have a 360 and a Wii
    but might be getting a PS3 soon because of MGS4, GT5, FFXIII, and GoWIII

8. Eternal Myst

Member Eternal Myst Back from the Myst.

United States
    No such thing as a perfect console.
    The 360 has it's flaws.
    The PS3 has it's flaws.
    The Wii has it's flaws.

9. Zarcon

Former Staff Zarcon .:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.

Canada
    The whole console war thing always baffled me.
    Is it really so hard to accept that you can buy whatever has what you want on it?
    What's the deal with the crusade-like mindset that you HAVE to defend and justify your choice of console?

The comment isn't directed at Joe, just a general comment to all diehard console fans.

That said, I'll end up picking up a PS3 sometime in the future simply because there's a ton of games coming out on it that I want and still really nothing on the 360 that interests me.

10. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    Not another console war topic. ;/ Can't we all agree there is no perfect console and that each console had its own flaws and quirks?

11. Eternal Myst

Member Eternal Myst Back from the Myst.

United States
    Obviously not people are flaming each other over which console plays GTA IV better...its really sad.

Read this thread if you must.

12. Joe88
    OP

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    yea that pretty messed up
    all because people at gametrailers released that biased video

that was the main starter in the "omg my gta4 plyz betr and betr gfx on my 360 lololololol, ps3 pahilz"

13. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    The video was pretty damn lame. That's what people call a fanboy I guess.
    Looks like it's was made early this year because a few games on "coming" are already out.

The only reason console war exists is because people don't have enough games to play.
    I wouldn't have made that many useless posts in the GTA4 thread if I had either of Haze or Ninja Gaiden 2. I'd be quiet for at least 2 weeks.
    (Both are almost here but far away at the same time because there's been a game drought in PS3 and 360 since March because of GTA4. At least DS had a constant stream of games and that kept me alive.)

Last winter I barely had time to visit GBATemp once a week (in fact one time I was gone for over a month) because both consoles and both handhelds pushed so many good games out.

Recently most of my free time goes to the DS.
    PS3, 360, PSP and Wii combined I play less than an hour a day (for some reason PSP has a game drought too and I returned my rented Brawl.), and the rest I spend watching Food Network and babysitting feds4u.

14. feds4u

Banned feds4u Banned

United States
    How's that high horse treating you TC?

Have you watched the video you just posted? [​IMG]

Its a 10 minute commercial created by an unpaid fanboy. (I wonder if you are that fanboy?)

The editing process is long and difficult even with the best software. This begs the question, if the PS3 game library is so good, as the author of the video claims, why is he spending all his time making commercials instead of playing his PS3?

Who would take the time to make something like this? (many hours are involved) Worse yet, who would watch it?

But seriously though, thanks for posting. [​IMG]

15. phoood

Member phoood taking it to a whole new level.

United States
    360 IS THE BEST

16. Joe88
    OP

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    Now I understand why deathfisaro has to babysit feds4u
    :0

17. feds4u

Banned feds4u Banned

United States
    Hey Joe, got any more PS3 videos?

I guess you did create that video. That's why you're so touchy. [​IMG]

Classic.

18. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    he fails on one point there...
    "sony didn't steal the idea of motion controls from wii, PS3 was announced before the wii"

That's just a stupid statement, since they "announced" the motion controls AFTER the wii was...

19. feds4u

Banned feds4u Banned

United States
    I hate to say this but Motion Controllers were available for the SNES. Made by a third party. I may be able to find a scan.

20. Talaria

Member Talaria ...

New Zealand
    Although apparently Sony had a patent for a motion controlled method before the wii.