awssk8er

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since we don't have a ton of information on the WiiU, I guess this thread is more speculation:

What I don't understand is, how you can play games on the controller's screen. Nintendo boasts two things about the WiiU but they contradict each other:

1) The second screen adds to the experience. The example they use is for faster item selection (Ex. Zelda).

2) If someone needs to use the TV, not a problem! You can just move your game to the screen on the controller (Ex. New Super Mario Bros. Mii video).

So if you play on the controller's screen, now we have a problem. There's only one screen. So where's your convenient item screen go? Is there going to be a menu button to access the inventory screen? Or will no all games use the touch screen? I don't know if they've said anything about this, but I've been wondering it since it has been announced.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since we don't have a ton of information on the WiiU, I guess this thread is more speculation:

What I don't understand is, how you can play games on the controller's screen. Nintendo boasts two things about the WiiU but they contradict each other:

1) The second screen adds to the experience. The example they use is for faster item selection (Ex. Zelda).

2) If someone needs to use the TV, not a problem! You can just move your game to the screen on the controller (Ex. New Super Mario Bros. Mii video).

So if you play on the controller's screen, now we have a problem. There's only one screen. So where's your convenient item screen go? Is there going to be a menu button to access the inventory screen? Or will no all games use the touch screen? I don't know if they've said anything about this, but I've been wondering it since it has been announced.

Menu button. No doubt.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Depends on how the game utilizes the controller's screen.

There might be a smaller area in the bottom of the screen acting as the smaller screen, and the rest of the screen will act as the TV.

eKRiZ.jpg

With the possibility to toggle the smaller frame to full screen if you need to see it better or write on it or something, or to hide it completely if the game doesn't require it at all times.

(Speculation.)

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Menu button. No doubt.
Yeah, probably a little 'Menu" icon to tap. Game pauses, Convenient menu back.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Obviously there will be a WiiUDS released in about a year or two, let Nintendo do their revision thing they usually do, kay? :P

A smaller screen that clips onto the bottom of the controller and acts as the touchscreen while the top screen acts as the TV?

...BRILLIANT! :O

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Obviously there will be a WiiUDS released in about a year or two, let Nintendo do their revision thing they usually do, kay? :P

A smaller screen that clips onto the bottom of the controller and acts as the touchscreen while the top screen acts as the TV?

Shall I get a patent for it before they come up with it?

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

That's ridiculous.
Clearly it'd be a screen that clips on top of the controller since the controller already is a touchscreen.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Too late, they probably patented it in 1987 or something.

(And if they didn't Apple did :ph34r: )
No, no, no - my thing is *different* because it doesn't have *clips*, it uses microscopic suction pads to latch onto the controller, it's called GekkoTech. That makes it a totally different thing.

EDIT: Just... no.
Yes, because you clearly want a larger screen to act as a touchscreen and a small one to act as the main display.

Reactions: 2 people

awssk8er

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

This could work!

While they're at it, they might as well add six more circle pads and call it the "Circle Pad Pro Pro Pro Screen Thing Pro".

Reactions: 1 person

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im pretty sure the whole "Play the game on the new controller" thing is only for certian games. However it would be nice if it could act like a TV for all games and then allow you to pause and select menus and such on certian games. Also off topic but we got a WiiU section :3 YAYZ!

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun