sYndrome13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
transam81 said:
This was my step 1.

I used "Modify any Wii 4.2 & below, aka the simplistic mod". http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

Everything i've added to my Wii since then has worked flawlessly. In other words this is the foundation on which i have customized my Wii.
I followed the guide linked in your reply and it seems to have resolved the problem; however, it also turned my Homebrew Channel upside down. I fixed the "upside down Homebrew Channel" issue afterwards, but it might help for others trying to fix this or a similar problem to know about that (currently) undocumented side effect of following the softmod guide.

sYndrome13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
/bump

It's happening again.

I'll randomly get "The system files are corrupted" after shutting down the Wii and booting it back up.

What gives? Is my NAND dying on me?
frown.gif

sYndrome13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nitrostemp said:
try updating to sysmenu 4.2 there is no harm in it
I did, when I followed the instructions in this guide.
frown.gif

The problem didn't rear its ugly head for a week or so (or maybe I just wasn't playing the Wii as often), but it's still popping up on occasion. I'm concerned that the errors mean that my NAND is starting to go bad.
frown.gif

kingant

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello. It happenned to me too. But after playing Wii music with wiiflow. I went Back to the Wii menú and the message appears. I reboot the Wii and it didnt work. After that i try to start the homebrew channel in bootmii. Black screen and after i hard reset the Wii, it started without any issue.. Was so weird.. Mine its a 4.1u wii softmoded.

sYndrome13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kingant said:
Hello. It happenned to me too. But after playing Wii music with wiiflow. I went Back to the Wii menú and the message appears. I reboot the Wii and it didnt work. After that i try to start the homebrew channel in bootmii. Black screen and after i hard reset the Wii, it started without any issue.. Was so weird.. Mine its a 4.1u wii softmoded.
I'm sorry to hear you're having the same problem, but it is a relief (in a way) to know I'm not the only one having this problem.

Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
sYndrome13 said:
kingant said:
I'm sorry to hear you're having the same problem, but it is a relief (in a way) to know I'm not the only one having this problem.

Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?
Every once in a while this happens to me (much more so when I was using game specific forwarders). I wouldn't worry much about it since you can just restart the system to make it work again. All I can guess is that the system is getting a bit confused by something the backup loader is doing.

sYndrome13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
Every once in a while this happens to me (much more so when I was using game specific forwarders). I wouldn't worry much about it since you can just restart the system to make it work again. All I can guess is that the system is getting a bit confused by something the backup loader is doing.
The trouble I'm running into is that when I do have this problem (which I'd guess is about 20-25% of the time), multiple reboots don't fix the problem. I have to pop in a SD card with an alternate bootmii configuration file (one that isn't set to autoboot to the System Menu), load the Homebrew Channel, load a game using NeoGamma or WiiFlow, then shut down the Wii and boot it back up.

It's a hassle and one that keeps me using my Wii more often. I keep thinking there's a simple solution for this problem and I just need to continue looking for it or wait until someone posts about it.

Until then, I may check into SNEEK or Triiforce.

sYndrome13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After searching for similar errors, I found a number of threads across several forums describing a similar, if not the same, problem. My research also turned up notes on Maintenance Mode, which I had known about before today.

After reproducing the "system files are corrupted" error (by loading EA Sports Active More Workouts using WiiFlow), I restarted the Wii while holding down the + and - keys. I was able to enter Maintenance Mode. I then turned off the Wii, turned it back on, and received the same error. (I was not holding down the + and - keys this time.)

So it's possible to circumvent whatever is causing the "system files are corrupted" error by entertain Maintenance Mode. The next question is: What exactly does Maintenance Mode do (besides disable the Wii Message Board)? If we can figure that out, we can narrow down the list of possible causes and get that much closer to a fix.

A quick glance at the SaveMii troubleshooting flowchart would suggest the problem is with a corrupt file and it may be possible to resolve the issue by removing the problem file using AnyTitleDeleter.

Any thoughts?

It's worth noting that Wii owners have reported the same issue when using retail discs.

EDIT: Here's some more information to help in the troubleshooting process: I'm using Wii System Menu 4.2, used this softmod guide to updated from 3.2 to 4.2, previously had Homebrew Channel installed before following that guide, do NOT have a modchip installed, do not have preloader or priiloader installed, do not have SNEEK or Triiforce installed, have bootmii (latest version) installed as boot2, have cIOS rev17 installed, and use NeoGamma R8 beta 3 and WiiFlow 1.1 to load backups.

THitsu10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had had this problem with a few titles...what it turned out to be was a patched IOS I installed using dop-ios, run sysCheck and see if what you have patched ...i think the only thing i have patched now is 36 and the cIOS's...what else do you really need

sYndrome13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THitsu10 said:
I had had this problem with a few titles...what it turned out to be was a patched IOS I installed using dop-ios, run sysCheck and see if what you have patched ...i think the only thing i have patched now is 36 and the cIOS's...what else do you really needOkay, I ran sysCheck and have the results. Here they are:

QUOTE said:
sysCheck v1.1
Developped by Erik Spyder

System Menu v481.
Running under IOS36 (rev 3351).
Found 172 titles.
Found 29 IOS on this console.

IOS (revision) Trucha Bug ES_Identify Flash Access

IOS11 (rev 10) Enabled Enabled Enabled
IOS12 (rev 269) Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS13 (rev 273) Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS14 (rev 520) Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS16 (rev 257) Enabled Enabled Enabled
IOS17 (rev 775) Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS20 (rev 12) Enabled Enabled Enabled
IOS22 (rev 1037) Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS28 (rev 1550) Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS30 (rev 1040) Enabled Enabled Enabled
IOS31 (rev 3349) Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS33 (rev 3091) Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS34 (rev 3348) Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS35 (rev 3349) Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS36 (rev 3351) Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS37 (rev 3869) Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS38 (rev 3867) Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS53 (rev 5406) Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS55 (rev 5406) Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS56 (rev 5405) Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS57 (rev 5661) Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS60 (rev 6174) Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS61 (rev 5405) Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS70 (rev 6687) Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS202 (rev 4) Enabled Enabled Disabled
IOS222 (rev 4) Enabled Enabled Disabled
IOS223 (rev 4) Enabled Enabled Disabled
IOS249 (rev 17) Disabled Enabled Disabled
IOS250 (rev 65535) Disabled Enabled Disabled
Now when you say "patched," do you mean IOS files marked as Trucha Bug enabled?

EDIT: Not sure if this will help, but here are a list of titles (as dumped by AnyTitleDeleterMod v6b) that I couldn't identify:
ID: 00010001-44465746 - ASCII Code: DFWF - Type: Installed Channel Title - Name: ? - IOS required: IOS35
ID: 00010008-44495343 - ASCII Code: DISC - Type: Hidden channel - Name: ? - IOS required: IOS36
ID: 00010000-53454145 - ASCII Code: SEAE - Type: Disc Game Title (savedata) - Name: ? - IOS required: IOS53
ID: 00010000-00555044 - ASCII Code: .UPD - Type: Disc Game Title (savedata) - Name: ? - IOS required: IOS4
ID: 00010000-00555045 - ASCII Code: .UPE - Type: Disc Game Title (savedata) - Name: ? - IOS required: IOS4
ID: 00010000-52365945 - ASCII Code: R6YE - Type: Disc Game Title (savedata) - Name: ? - IOS required: IOS53
I think DFWF is a forwarder for WiiFlow. I don't have a clue about the others.

sYndrome13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sYndrome13 said:
I think DFWF is a forwarder for WiiFlow. I don't have a clue about the others.
Yep, DFWF is definitely a forwarder for WiiFlow. I tried uninstalling it using WAD Manager 1.5, but the app threw an error (I don't recall the details; I didn't write the error down), so I deleted the DFWF title using AnyTitleDeleterMod version 6b.

The error seems to pop up less often with fewer WAD files installed, but (1) I still encounter the problem on occasion and (2) most of the time I turn my Wii on these days is to use the Wii Fit Plus Channel.

I've made a NAND backup, so I'm ready to try some riskier maneuvers in hopes of getting rid of this error once and for all.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I had exactly the same error with only wiifit plus. posted months ago about it, It was somehow preloader causing issues, first couple of times i just put oold nand dump back on, but found just reinstalling preloader after it had happened once fixed it

sYndrome13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tHciNc said:
I had exactly the same error with only wiifit plus. posted months ago about it, It was somehow preloader causing issues, first couple of times i just put oold nand dump back on, but found just reinstalling preloader after it had happened once fixed it
I don't have preloader or priiloader installed and never have.
frown.gif

I have bootmii installed as boot2, so I haven't had ample reason to install preloader or priiloader (yet).

sYndrome13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may have fixed it!

Early tests indicate deleting the Nintendo Channel using AnyTitleDeleterMod version 6b resolved the issue.

I would recommend the following for anyone else who runs into a stubborn "The system files are corrupted" error (a.k.a. banner brick):
[*]Download and install BootMii as boot2 if possible.[*]Create a backup of your NAND.[*]Copy your NAND backup from your SD card to your computer if your computer can read SD cards.[*]Download and extract AnyTitleDeleterMod to your SD card.[*]Download and extract DOP-IOS MOD or sysCheck to your SD card.[*]Run AnyTitleDeleterMod through the Homebrew Channel. Follow on-screen instructions to save a list of ALL titles.[*]Run DOP-IOS MOD through the Homebrew Channel. Follow on-screen instructions to create a System Check report.[*]Post the results of the previous two steps (MyTitleslist.txt and DopIosModReport.csv or sysCheck.csv) to a new thread with any information you believe may be relevant to your issue (e.g. WADs recently installed, any recent changes made to IOS files or System Menu, games recently played, channels recently installed, etc.).I should also add that I installed Priiloader during my troubleshooting steps. It didn't seem to have any impact on the error, though.

If I had any Wii programming skills, I'd take source code from sysCheck and AnyTitleDeleterMod and mash the relevant sections of code together to create a diagnostic tool for this and other errors. Unfortunately, the list above is the most I can contribute.

Roobitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got the same issue occurring now, but I don't have any Nintendo Channel present to delete.

Here's the output of a sysCheck scan:

Code:
System Menu v449.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
Running under IOS36 (rev 3351).ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
Found 198 titles.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
Found 27 IOS on this console.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS (revision)ÂÂÂÂTrucha ÂÂÂÂES_IdentÂÂÂÂFlash Access
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS11 (rev 256)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabled
IOS12 (rev 269)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
IOS13 (rev 273)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
IOS14 (rev 520)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
IOS17 (rev 775)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
IOS20 (rev 256)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabled
IOS22 (rev 1037)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
IOS28 (rev 1550)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
IOS30 (rev 2816)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabled
IOS31 (rev 3349)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
IOS33 (rev 3091)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
IOS34 (rev 3348)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
IOS35 (rev 3349)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
IOS36 (rev 3351)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
IOS37 (rev 3869)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
IOS38 (rev 3867)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
IOS50 (rev 5120)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
IOS53 (rev 5406)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
IOS55 (rev 5406)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
IOS56 (rev 5405)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
IOS57 (rev 5661)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
IOS60 (rev 6400)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
IOS61 (rev 5405)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
IOS70 (rev 6687)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
IOS202 (rev 1)ÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabled
IOS249 (rev 18) ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
IOS250 (rev 65535)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabled

Pimp My Wii can't find anything wrong (passes test)

sYndrome13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roobitz said:
I've got the same issue occurring now, but I don't have any Nintendo Channel present to delete.

Here's the output of a sysCheck scan:
These are the only differences I could find between our two lists:
  • IOS11: Your version newer than mine
  • IOS16: Present on mine, not present on yours
  • IOS20: Your version newer than mine
  • IOS30: Your version newer than mine
  • IOS50: Not present on mine, present on yours
  • IOS60: Your version newer than mine
  • IOS202: Your version older than mine
  • IOS222: Present on mine, not present on yours
  • IOS223: Present on mine, not present on yours
  • IOS249: Your version newer than mine
Keep in mind that you never want to delete any IOS under 200.

None of the differences should cause the issue you've reported. All listed IOS files under 200 are marked as "Mothballed" on the IOS History page on WiiBrew.

QUOTE(Roobitz @ Mar 11 2010, 01:33 PM) Pimp My Wii can't find anything wrong (passes test)
I've never used Pimp My Wii, so I can't vouch for the accuracy of its tests.

But the data you've provided so far and my own experiences lead me to believe the root of the problem may be a problem title rather than a corrupt IOS file. Then again, I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable as most of the more advanced users on these forums.

I'd also recommend updating IOS202, even though it probably won't make much difference when it comes to resolving the error you're encountering.

If those steps have no effect, you might try re-installing Priiloader. tHciNc reported that re-installing Priiloader fixed the same issue on his Wii. As long as you have a NAND backup, you can be a little more aggressive in your troubleshooting.

If none of those steps fix the problem, I'd recommend posting the results of an AnyTitleDeleterMod list dump.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
try re installing your IOS's with dop-mii or with wad manager cause all those trucha patched IOS's can't be good for the system only trucha patched IOS's I've got is 36 and 60 cause I use 4.0E you don't need any others patched apart from 70 if you have 4.2

Roobitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pimp My Wii is just an application for checking if you have the most recent versions of various IOS files. It allows you to update safely without running the risk of installing a Stub IOS while offering you patching options. I'll go through and remove the trucha bug from the IOSes like you suggested longtom

I'm currently on SM 4.1U and I don't have plans to upgrade to 4.2U.

I'm going to install the IOS202 as suggested, as well as reinstall priiloader (0.3 beta)

The only other interesting information I forgot to include is that my Wii currently will not load the Wii Fit Plus retail disc, forcing me to resort to loading via a backup. Trying to install the Wii Fit Plus channel via this backup results in a return to the system menu. Therefore I obtained a .wad file of the channel and installed it.

I suspect you are right sYndrome, and this is a title issue rather than an IOS issue. I'll let you know if any of the previous steps corrected the issue.

Roobitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright so I removed the trucha bug from many of my IOS files, reinstalled priiloader, installed IOS202, deleted the Wii Fit Channel and installed it again off the official Wii Fit Plus disc, and the problem remains.

Disc loading is working fine now (don't know what that was all about, I assume it was unrelated to my problem).

All other threads I can find about this issue around the internet eventually default back to "Reformat your Wii" or "Send it in for repairs". Obviously I am not going to do that because of one single game and because of the modifications I've done to my console.

I ran AnyTitleDeleter DB Mod 1.04 and deleted two old forwarder channels I had still hanging around. I also deleted my Mario Kart Wii channel. I'll let you know if this fixes the issue.

Here is a new output from SignCheck
Code:
System Menu v449.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
Running under IOS36 (rev 3351).ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
Found 200 titles.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
Found 29 IOS on this console.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS (revision)ÂÂÂÂTrucha BugÂÂÂÂES_IdentifyÂÂÂÂFlash Access
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
IOS11 (rev 256)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabled
IOS12 (rev 269)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
IOS13 (rev 273)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled