Hardware The Switch will kill the 3DS.

Lukein3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just watch. The 3DS will be floating in the dust. This is next-next-gen sort of technology we're dealing with here.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The SNES will kill the NES!
The N64 will kill the SNES!
The GC will kill the N64!
The Wii will kill the GC!
The Wii U will kill the Wii!
It's called progress, that's how it works.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Uhm... OK?
Now I'm just thinking about why you made this thread. For statements (such as yours) the blog feels a lot more suitable, since it's your opinion.
In the case of a regular forum (such as this) the idea is for members to interact and discuss. You don't seem open to a discussion, nor have you incited us to answer.

tl;dr we all know it's true, was a thread really necessary?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Gameboy color? Not sure though.
Also virtual boy?
Gameboy colour ultimately killed the Gameboy. There were a few games that bled over a generation, but it still basically
killed it.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right off the bat no.
In a few years if the 3ds is the same then yes.
There isnt anything wrong with that either.
The 3ds has been out for a while. Doesnt matter that it got a "New" 3ds out. The 3ds itself is a bit old and a replacement was bound.

I really hope the Switch does good. Seem like a great system if they can pull off everything. Have good battery life. Good online and some other UI/OS beside thr dang wii setup.

GreaterDog

A True Warrior, A Warning 9 Warrior
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
notice that pokemon and tons of zelda games including mario games are supporting the 3ds handheld device. also switch doesnt have double screens, and their cartage is different. there isn't going to have 3ds games on the switch only wii u games.

Also, notice that the new 3ds just arrive couple months ago. wouldn't it be a dumb action to import every 3ds games on the switch. that would've make the new 3ds irrelevant now. they even came up with new colorways for the new 3ds. that shows that the 3ds wouldn't die that easly . it's their best device ever.

Last edited by GreaterDog,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gameboy color? Not sure though.
Also virtual boy?
What? You're not still playing your virtual boy? :P Nah, but gameboy colour true. I think it was in the same position of the wii, where it was basically the same generation previously, just newer versions of the tech (plus waggle).

On that note, it'll be interesting to see how ps4 pro and scorpio affect the current generation.

virtual boy though...woof. No matter what nintendo tries to do, I don't think they'll fail that hard again.

Last edited by osaka35,

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
WïïÜ is already kill. 3DS is still strong thanks for his gaems and i don't think that would change on the span of 1 year with the NS release. Maybe the 3DS will last until 2019-2020 when the NS should have a good array of gaems.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: oh cool, I saw Space Invaders on that Nintendo Syl :D