1. xuerebx

xuerebx Member
    Newcomer

Malta
    I've just received my DSTWO. I've downloaded the EOS which I'm about to put on my microSD. As for the DSTWO firmware, how will I know if the latest firmware is installed on the card or not? Can I just replace the firmware by adding the files to the microsd?

And if I should put the 1.19 firmware file, shall I update the console first (through this file), or do I also have to put in the EOS on the root of the SD card?

----------

EDIT: I put the latest EOS and firmware on the sd card, put it in the console, and it updated. I don't know why I asked, maybe because I was being too wary. :P

Everything worked perfectly. :)

2. Lirath15

Lirath15 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Got my dstwo the other day and I am loving it so far, but I'm having an issue. Sometimes when I go to home, it just stays at a black screen and I'll need to hold the power button to turn it off. Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

3. Terminator02

OP Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    I've never had this issue. Reformatting with the Panasonic SD formatter and redownloading EOS are my only suggestions.

4. Lirath15

Lirath15 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hm, I followed everything exactly. Do you think it could be because I didn't wait long enough? I've waited a whole minute and it's still black.

5. badbob001

badbob001 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    How does one automatically bypass these three screens after turning on the DS?
    1. 'Warning - Health and Safety' screen
    2. 'DS system screen (with pico chat)'
    3. 'DSTWO plug-in screen'
    and simply go straight to the DS_Game menu? This is much different behavior compared to the DSONE.

6. shadowhawk2020

Newcomer

United States
    Setting up the DSTwo for my niece for Christmas. Just a dumb question. My niece is getting the 3DS XL tomorrow. I am guessing that the firmware that comes on the XL should work with the 1.18 firmware, but is there harm in installing the latest firmware first thing before my niece accidently upgrades her 3dsxl firmware?

7. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

As long as you have a DS console to apply the update then yes, if not, then you may be able to run the update file on the 3DS XL if it is on a low enough firmware (the DS2 works on the console).

8. shadowhawk2020

Newcomer

United States
    If there is an original DS available should I go ahead and update with that right away?

9. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Yeah it would be preferable.

10. N03M1

N03M1 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I was gifted a like new DS XL with a DSTWO card with a few games already on it. I'd like to keep the games but I have no idea how to get to them. Do I follow the "how to set up" or is it different for me? PLEASE HELP

11. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

United States
    The games will be somewhere on the MicroSD. You don't have to put them in any specific folder, so it depends on where the person who set it up put the games.

12. Cuban_Pete

Cuban_Pete Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I did everything on this guide and my DSTwo still does not work. :c

13. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

United States
    Well what's the issue?

14. Cuban_Pete

Cuban_Pete Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Oh well... Never mind.
    Sorry kind of new to this stuff.

15. Daddy24

Daddy24 GBAtemp Regular

France
    I'm having an issue with IReader. Whatever the way I order my files, the order get scrambled anyway. It's aggravating when it comes to books, where pages 20 comes before 5 for example. Any way to fix that ?

Oh, and also : what is the maximum resolution supported ? I have some pictures that simply give a black screen.

16. MarkWearsPants

Newcomer

AWESOME THANKS!!
    just got my DSTwo and worked perfectly first time
    just one question. the cartridge in the NDS menu refers the DSTwo to "Alex Rider Stormbreaker THQ". can this be changed?

17. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

United States
    That's part of how it boots, no.

Well, technically yes, but if the booting info is changed the DSTwo will likely stop working since it fakes as another game in order to actually run.

18. supersaiyandoyle

Newcomer

United States
    My DSTwo works on my DSlite but not on my 3ds, I get the black screen with the message about reading the manual. Can I get a suggestion of what to do that isn't:

1.clean your card using alcohol
    2.use paper to prop the contacts farther out
    3.update your DSTwo firmware
    4.send it back to the seller and make sure they test it before shipping it out

I'd appreciate a response.

19. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

United States
    Nope. That's due to either outdated firmware, or a lack of contact somewhere. The 3DS slot is differently-shaped than the other models and might be squeezing the cart in such a way that it loses contact with the MicroSD or something.

Terminator02 likes this.
  20. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    I'd definitely make sure you're running the latest firmware on the DSTWO, and if not, update it using the DSlite before messing with any of those other options.

Terminator02 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - SuperCard, Beginners, DSTWO