Hacking The strangest problem I've ever encountered. DSTT/YSMENU

LordLiuBei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the strangest problem I've ever encountered. I've been using DSTT with YSMENU for quite some time. A while ago I decided to get my girlfriend a NDS, and got the exact same hardware for it so she could play whatever games she wanted. The only difference between our NDSLs are that mine is about 2 years older, and black. Hers is now about 4 months old, and green. She wanted to play this specific game, "The Biggest Loser" (not fat, I swear) because she watches the show. Ok, so here's my issue;

I put it on the card just like any other game. If I put it in MY NDSL, the game works, along with every other game on the flashcard. If I put it in hers, every game on the flashcard works, EXCEPT The Biggest Loser. When I boot it the screen just stays black. Literally every other game works. I even took her flashcard out of the equation; when I transplant MY DSTT into her DS, exactly as it was, The Biggest Loser doesn't. The only perceivable difference is which DS we are using, but I can't for the life of me figure out why. It's like the new green DSL has super-ultra-sponsored-by-NBC hardware protection against piracy for ONE GAME.

Stumped.

Anybody?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, this is your testing, am I right?

Your DSTT+Her MicroSD+Her DS=Not Working
Her DSTT+Her MicroSD+Her DS=Not Working
Your DSTT+Your MicroSD+Your DS=Working

LordLiuBei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
So, this is your testing, am I right?

Your DSTT+Her MicroSD+Her DS=Not Working
Her DSTT+Her MicroSD+Her DS=Not Working
Your DSTT+Your MicroSD+Your DS=Working

Any combination + My DS = Working.
Any combination + Her DS = Not Working.

My obvious conclusion is it's her DS. But why would every single other game work?

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
The Biggest Loser was supposed to have DSi enhanced features that apparently the DSTT doesn't support.

LordLiuBei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it works on my black NDSL. Just not her green NDSL. Neither are of the DSi variety. It's still playable without the DSi features on a NDSL. Just...not hers, apparently...

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
Since it's your GF, just swap your DS's around until she's finished with the game
smile.gif

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backup her files, and format with the Panasonic SD formatter. Make sure the allocation size is 32.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."