Gaming The state of the PS3 Online?

supernintendo128

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a PS3 soon (backwards compatible so I can play all of my PlayStation series games, gonna have it refurbished so that it will last longer) and I'm just wondering what is the state of the system's online servers? Is the PlayStation Store still running? Can games still go online?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the game.

The Playstation Network Store is slow and laggy thanks to everything being handled server side and then sent to you. But The selection is good. There are sales all the time.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you play gta v or fps games, don't bother. Even if there are games you are interested in besides those everything that does have online working is a barren wasteland.

MrCokeacola

The Xbox Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The best PS3 game Medal of Honor Warfighter still has many players and you can find full lobbies on the weekends.

So you have nothing to worry about OP.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reminder: GTA V Online is going to shut down on December 16.

Hopefully that means they'll remove all social/online features (especially the Facebook popup).

I still have side missions to do so I'll stick with it a little more before switching the disc.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you play gta v or fps games, don't bother. Even if there are games you are interested in besides those everything that does have online working is a barren wasteland.
Split/Second is an amazing arcade racer and it's still playable online... Via the Multiplayer Demo than the full game (don't ask me how or why).

I bought the full game as I love it and wanted to play online like the demo, but that's dead. It would have been a blast to play online.

Blur is another excellent arcade racer.

• Love
Reactions: cvskid

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today's the final hours of GTA V Online on 360/PS3.

Surprisingly, RDR is still online, but with very few players and hackers who ruin the experience. I remember back in 2010-2011 having a blast, not now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hello everyone