The Sonic the Hedgehog movie sequel will release April 2022

sanic.png

The Sonic the Hedgehog movie is the little film that could. Following the initial announcement and its uncanny valley CGI Sonic, the movie revamped Sonic's design into one that fans much preferred, and after a slight delay, it managed to finally release in theaters earlier this year, surpassing Detective Pikachu as the most successful video game movie opening of all time. It took three months after its launch for Paramount to greenlight a sequel, which now has a release date. Movie Sonic's voice actor, Ben Schwartz confirmed that "Sonic 2" would be making its way to theaters on April 8, 2022. The same team who worked on "Sonic the Hedgehog" will return again to pen the script, and with Schwartz's involvement, it's likely we'll see some of the acting cast return as well.

:arrow: Source

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw the movie on streaming. Sonic The hedgehog CGI himself was great but the story and acting were so bad. And getting bored quicker. I don't mind to see the sequel because of the Two Tailed Fox. Curiosity.

No, I don't go to movie theater anymore for about 12 years now because it was noise, immature people, too expensive tickets, don't liked to watch movie in the dark (Not good for your eyes), and food was YUCKY junkie and costly. NO THANKS.

D

Deleted User

It is nice to see Sonic in these Eggman movies.
Seriously, is there anyone here who disliked the 'evil grow' scene ?

For me, it felt like Hououin Kyouma was given flesh, an awkward dude having childish fun with sadistic science.

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
Good!!!!! im glad they havnt given up as a one off film, this is a good way for sonic to expand in the movie world. i really liked the first one, some off bits here and there but entertaining none the less

I know many didnt like jim carrey's performance in it as robotnic... but we only know robotnic from the end of the movie onwards (as far as the game series go) so the characters persona could change completely giving enough time for the character depth to evolve which is a good move in my eyes

drazenm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We live in perfect age for easy money making, just look at top chart music in last 10 years, few studios have the monopoly on the market (95% of it is permanently dead within few months and no one will ever remember or play it anywhere again) as only they can afford to pay for air time on radio, TV, internet where's most traffic. So whatever, I repeat, WHATEVER they release, promote, push, push, push in your face it will spin cash in 7 plus figure$ easily, it's all about exposure, space, marketing. Welcome sonic sh!T, welcome, join us.

Last edited by drazenm,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh