The Sonic the Hedgehog movie has been delayed to 2020

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, May 24, 2019.

1. AkitoTheHedgy

AkitoTheHedgy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2018
    United States
    crap birthday present gone

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

2. Issac

Issac I

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    Deadpool was released on Valentine's, no? And that turned out pretty well I suppose :P

3. AsPika2219

AsPika2219 Pikachu going beach!

Jun 17, 2010
    Malaysia
    Cats City
    Good job company! Make sure Sonic design must to be same as game and anime version! :creep:

4. WhiteMaze

WhiteMaze GBAtemp Maniac

GBAtemp Patron
    WhiteMaze is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 16, 2013
    Portugal
    Hard to please?

Jesus Christ the only thing people are complaining about, is the fact that their favorite videogame character, does not look like their favorite video game character.

I can't possibly blame people for this.

KingVamp likes this.
  5. kenenthk

kenenthk Custom Title

May 26, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    Why not just put out a handful of designs out there and let the general public vote on which is best? With their fx team it shouldn't be that hard to do. Still have to give them props for listening to the general public not many do in the movie business especially in animation. Imagine if Goku ended up looking like this. In a matter of fact I don't even get how they thought it was a good idea in the first place. It's like what they did with the 2018 version of grinch make him completely different instead of keeping it classic.

6. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    There are other review sites too.

If that agregate review things show most reviews as negative it doesn't really matter how high or low the review on rotten tomatoes are.

And once the movie is out on TV then anyone will be able to give this negative reviews anyway.

7. chartube12

chartube12 Captain Chaz 86

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    I couldn't care less! The person I responded to specify said rotten tomatoes.

8. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    why don't they just make him look like this? it's not rocket science!
    [​IMG]

raxadian likes this.
  9. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    The movie is going to be more mediocre since there won't be a cheesy design of Sonic.

10. coppertj

coppertj GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2017
    United States
    Unpopular opinion, who thinks this was all a elaborate ad campaign?

11. YamiZee

YamiZee GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2013
    Finland
    I feel like the team doesn't want to straight up rip a previous form of sonic too closely. They went too far, and are likely going to get closer to sonics actual design. They are still redesigning, not ripping a game asset and adding fur physics to it.

chartube12 likes this.
  12. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    Yeah that's it basically.

WhiteMaze likes this.
  13. cots

cots GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    Well, I liked the Sonic render in the trailer so I wouldn't have cared if they didn't change it. Whatever they change it to I'm sure I won't mind either way. The movie trailer looked good and most video game to movie transitions, especially when it comes to rendering, aren't exact spot on (not the mention there is no uniform Sonic design to begin with).

14. Spadezilla

Spadezilla GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2013
    United States
    Jean-Ralphio as Sonic is gonna be great.

Everything else about it will suck.

15. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    What I don't like about development these days. "Focus groups said Dante looks like a guy who'd get laughed out of a bar. One of the more politically moderate parents said, "He should...look like a more emo Justin Bieber! My daughter loves his music and is into these weird freak guys in these weird metal bands. Yeah, she said they're like the new goths!" Dante should look like that."

And then we get this shit:

Bladexdsl likes this.
  16. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    i bet you sega told them to change sonic :P

Last edited by Bladexdsl, May 26, 2019
  17. chartube12

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    Than they turned him into an old man suddenly in #5 and used an altered dmc of Dante design for Nero. I actually got used to the new Nero design, but not the old man Dante. It’s like he’s a completely different person from dmc4

18. Silent_Gunner

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    I see. I'm planning on marathoning all of the games soon (probably going to go 1st game, third game, second game, fourth game, and then the "finale" even though they act like it isn't a finale, of which I unfortunately have been spoiled of some of the events in 5 because of YT recommendations :(), but it's at least better than his more silent treatment (from what I've heard) in DMC2?

19. chartube12

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    Why not play them in order? 1-5?

I have only played 4, 5 and the alternate universe aka DmC. So I can’t comment on dmc2

20. Silent_Gunner

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    To stay somewhat...chronological. My original planned order had 4 and two switched around, but I've heard that they since re-ordered the canon, and now the order that I got it in now. Either way, I've heard, (and from what little I played of the game then) that the second game is the low point of the series. The only reason I'm not starting with 3 is that I remember playing it back in between college semesters and getting my ass kicked because I was just trying to rush through the game so I could check that series of games off my list of my backlog before Capcom started this (sans new fighting games, they really need to get their head out of their ass there, ESPECIALLY with the next Marvel Vs. game, if it ever happens) Redemption Arc of sorts in their video game production history.

21. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    No just someone fked up and is prob being punished and told to play sonic 06 everyday until the film is released

22. chartube12

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    The games story isn’t in order of release? I hate that. The titles shouldn’t feature #s than imo.