The Sonic movie will be getting a sequel

VDgUTil.png

Paramount and SEGA will be working together on a Sonic movie once more, as they create a sequel to the popular Sonic the Hedgehog film from earlier this year. The new movie is in the early planning stages, so it's unknown if the cast, including Jim Carrey will be in the sequel, but the previous team who wrote and directed the movie--Jeff Fowler, Pat Casey, and Josh Miller--have all been confirmed to return.

Paramount Pictures and Sega Sammy confirmed on Thursday that they have commenced development on a sequel to the live-action family comedy. The sequel would reteam the filmmakers, with Jeff Fowler directing, and Pat Casey and Josh Miller writing the script.

The movie is still in the development stage so decisions have not been made yet regarding casting or a production start date.

Neal H. Moritz, Toby Ascher and Toru Nakahara are producing the pic, while Hajime Satomi, Haruki Satomi and Tim Miller are executive producing.

:arrow: Source

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
It would have been alright if Sonic didn't just so happen to have a strong interest in our culture, not to mention knowledge of things from our world. That's the part that got under my skin the most. Remove that, and I would have enjoyed myself.

The movie has a huge timeskip. Sonic spends years trying to hide, absorbing culture around him.

Who the heck is "Sega Sammy" :blink:

The Sammy brand is rarely used in the west today. Sega holds their few original video game properties. (such as Vice Project Doom)

Reactions: Sumasuun

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
considering how they saved the first movie and it became a hit doubt they'll do a lazy ass job this time as for Sonic 2 since how the ending was i can see maybe a Metal Sonic created as a villan or maybe an evil sonic clone (not talking bout shadow but if they stick to shadow maybe robotnick discovers him and stay true to the story of his grandfather created him

goldensun87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually liked the movie, and I'm glad it is getting a sequel. Tails is already confirmed, and hopefully Jim Carrey will be returning, he was awesome.

Retinal_FAILURE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the first one was any good I'm sure that'll be better, but I don't know if the first one was any good. I didn't hear anything going around town and I don't like ruining childhood heroes for myself, so...

If any other 30-year-olds would recommend it, I might give it a go.

minka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i cant believe the greatest cinematic work of art in the history of cinema is getting a sequel :blush::wub:

FamicomHeero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't seen the first one, maybe it's time to give it a shot. I wonder if there would be a sequel had they not made three changes they did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu