The Sonic movie will be getting a sequel

VDgUTil.png

Paramount and SEGA will be working together on a Sonic movie once more, as they create a sequel to the popular Sonic the Hedgehog film from earlier this year. The new movie is in the early planning stages, so it's unknown if the cast, including Jim Carrey will be in the sequel, but the previous team who wrote and directed the movie--Jeff Fowler, Pat Casey, and Josh Miller--have all been confirmed to return.

Paramount Pictures and Sega Sammy confirmed on Thursday that they have commenced development on a sequel to the live-action family comedy. The sequel would reteam the filmmakers, with Jeff Fowler directing, and Pat Casey and Josh Miller writing the script.

The movie is still in the development stage so decisions have not been made yet regarding casting or a production start date.

Neal H. Moritz, Toby Ascher and Toru Nakahara are producing the pic, while Hajime Satomi, Haruki Satomi and Tim Miller are executive producing.

:arrow: Source

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The first movie was great, even with its cliché-y post. I hope they leave the human cast aside and make it a full fantasy movie, the Green Hill CGI in the start of the movie was beautiful and they can write a more traditional Sonic plot without having to deal with Sonic's "best friend" Tom.

Oh gosh, I bet it's about Shadow

I hope they aren't looking for a cash grab and try to make a quality sequel
They ended up the OG movie with a post-credits scene, I think they already have an idea of where they'll go with the plot.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

It's highly unlikely Shadow will appear in it.
How would they even introduce Shadow without having Tails, Knuckles, Amy or even Rouge first?

It's most likely going to be some sort of adapted Sonic 2 / Sonic 3 script, given how Tails was revealed in the post-credits scene.
They could very well introduce Tails and follow Sonic 2's story quite well, and at the mid point introduce Knuckles to take down the Death Egg.

That's the most feasible thing they might do.
They could also drop in Amy, but it has to be either Amy or Knuckles, and I think Knuckles is more popular and has more probability of showing up since the Echidna tribe is shown at the very beginning of the game, so Knuckles is a given.

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would they even introduce Shadow without having Tails, Knuckles, Amy or even Rouge first?

It's most likely going to be some sort of adapted Sonic 2 / Sonic 3 script, given how Tails was revealed in the post-credits scene.
They could very well introduce Tails and follow Sonic 2's story quite well, and at the mid point introduce Knuckles to take down the Death Egg.

They could also drop in Amy, but it has to be either Amy or Knuckles, and I think Knuckles is more popular and has more probability of showing up since the Echidna tribe is shown at the very beginning of the game, so Knuckles is a given.
Maybe you are right, but I could see them wanting to incorporate Shadow so they'd have a new baddie and someone "cool" to put on the posters

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well to be fair how the first ended its more likely to be knuckles.

If you recall sonic 3 knuckles and all the mushrooms, which ended with robonik been there.

But contradicts because knuckles is supposed to be gurdian of the master emerald in the sky.

Reactions: Patxinco

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Paramount and SEGA will be working together on a Sonic movie once more, as they create a sequel to the popular Sonic the Hedgehog film from last year. The new movie is in the early planning stages, so it's unknown if the cast, including Jim Carrey will be in the sequel, but the previous team who wrote and directed the movie--Jeff Fowler, Pat Casey, and Josh Miller--have all been confirmed to return.

:arrow: Source
The first movie was fine. Looking forward to this.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hoping Sanic will at least make a appearance in the sequel.

On a serious note, if the sequel does well, we may see other games franchise getting the movie treatment in the near future.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The first movie was great, even with its cliché-y post. I hope they leave the human cast aside and make it a full fantasy movie, the Green Hill CGI in the start of the movie was beautiful and they can write a more traditional Sonic plot without having to deal with Sonic's "best friend" Tom.

They ended up the OG movie with a post-credits scene, I think they already have an idea of where they'll go with the plot.
Imagine how much better Sonic X would've been without his friend Chris (who is basically just a self insert for kids who want to be Sonic's friend) who the plot seems to focus on more than Sonic half the time.

We don't need human friends for anthropomorphic video game animals. Shoehorning them in just ruins it.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

They really should have Shadow though. Let's say Eggman while trying to find a way to return to Earth happens upon the Space Colony ARK (maybe he builds a really primitive rocket). And then teams up with him. We already know in this continuity he knows Tails, despite him not being shown until after the credits which means he has to have met him in his original world, or if he's been to any others possibly in one of those. That means there's a chance he's met Knuckles too. Or he can meet him early on if they want to keep the Knuckles getting duped by Eggman plot point. Better yet have the Chaos Emeralds stolen (let's say in this canon they're with the Master Emerald) and have Knuckles looking for them, that way we have something resembling his original goal of protecting the Master Emerald. Sonic & co. know have to find them before Eggman and Shadow do, and it gives us a Super Sonic vs Super Shadow (or just Super Sonic vs Shadow and Eggman) fight since we didn't get to see Super Sonic in the first movie, and instead got super fast lightning generating Sonic.
Who the heck is "Sega Sammy" :blink:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Sammy_Holdings Parent company of Sega when Sega merged with Sammy Corporation. I was really hoping it was grown up SammyClassicSonicFan now working for Sega.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,
Reactions: Quarions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1