Hacking Question "The software was closed because an error occurred" after few minutes of gameplay

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. 1st time poster. I bought my Switch with CFW with Atmosphere so dont know all the details on its history. Since I've had it all games have been working fine except two which launch ok but dont work then.

1. New Super Mario Bro U dlx - After much trouble and it getting hung up early in the game. I discovered and turned off the cheats via Edizon and now works fine (Solved)
2. Super Mario Party - The game loads and I can start and play for about 5 minutes or so. Then when i load the 3rd or 4th mini-game, it closes and i get "software was closed because an error occurred". I tried downloading different sources of xci and nsp. Tried installing via Tinfoil, Goldleaf, Awoo. Tried the 'Standard Cryto' setting in Tinfoil and nothing. I dont think I have an NNID since its been on Airplane mode since I got the device.

Since I dont have the experience of installing Atmosphere, sigpatches and all the other things needed, I am very hesitant to go that route to troubleshoot this game given that everything else seems to be working fine.

Any other suggestions / help would be appreciated !
Do you have any sysmodules enabled?

rvkrules

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have any sysmodules enabled?

I did some research to understand what sysmodules are. I have atmosphere. I dont believe I have any sysmodules. I dont have the Kronos app. And I read stuff about Hekate related to sysmodules but am not too sure if this is what you mean. Should I have sysmodules enabled or not? How would i find out more about how to do this?

I read the thread entitled: How to Install SYS-Modules on your Nintendo Switch (kosmos/atlast CFW) :switch

Sorry for not understanding more now, am getting immersed in this world and its vocabulary!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did some research to understand what sysmodules are. I have atmosphere. I dont believe I have any sysmodules. I dont have the Kronos app. And I read stuff about Hekate related to sysmodules but am not too sure if this is what you mean. Should I have sysmodules enabled or not? How would i find out more about how to do this?

I read the thread entitled: How to Install SYS-Modules on your Nintendo Switch (kosmos/atlast CFW) :switch

Sorry for not understanding more now, am getting immersed in this world and its vocabulary!
Sysmodules usually cause issues. They would be located in your titles folder. Also what on Earth is the "Kronos app"?

Manic44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Dear rvkrules.
Did you ever find a solution for your problem?

Prb

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like a hardware issue possible dry cracked solder as switch heats up the joints separate maybe sd card slot needs a reflow

If not corrupted data or damaged sd card

Last edited by Prb,
Reactions: BigOnYa

Manic44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sounds like a hardware issue possible dry cracked solder as switch heats up the joints separate maybe sd card slot needs a reflow

If not corrupted data or damaged sd card
I also think it's an hardware issue but don't exactly know how to check on that myself.
I already tried with an old backup and a different SD card so I don't think it's a corrupted data issue

Prb

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I also think it's an hardware issue but don't exactly know how to check on that myself.
I already tried with an old backup and a different SD card so I don't think it's a corrupted data issue
Have you updated your switch and what firmware are you on now ?
Try and do a nand backup in hekate see if any errors (maybe corruption on your sys nand a system update could sort that)
If you think its hardware why not try installing android or lakka on a sd card and see if it runs ?

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you where using Exfat when that backup was made it’s very possible some of the data is corrupt already in that instance too, exfat is terribad on the switch and once it starts to corrupt it only gets worse

Seb_131

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had the same issue.
I renamed the folder \atmosphere\contents into something else to disable the sysmodules and it worked
I only have Edizon module with tons of cheats folders. I will figure out later as this is running fine so far

scoubi4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I had the same issue.
I renamed the folder \atmosphere\contents into something else to disable the sysmodules and it worked
I only have Edizon module with tons of cheats folders. I will figure out later as this is running fine so far
can you be more specific on that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse