Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like SNK Playmore plan to comeback in 2008 in a big way, though they've always been around they've kinda not really bothered much with the Arcade games aside the "meh" King of Fighters 3D games. They've announced three brand new arcade titles.

King of Fighters XII
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact Regulation "A" 2
(The 3D series thats not that great)
Samurai Shodown Sen

As well as Metal Slug 7 on the DS that most of us know about they've also announced two new compilations for Wii, PS2 & PSP

The King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga, which includes KoF '95, '96 & '97 which by the way are the best KoF games for me.

Samurai Shodown Anthology Nothing said about what games are on it.

Think I'll get that Wii arcade stick now! PSP & PS2 owners will also get SNK Arcade Classics Volume 1 Again nothing said about content, I hope this comes out on the Wii too but I doubt it will.

I really hope that these compilations have the arcade versions of the games, and not like the Metal Slug one which had the console ports. Nothing has been said about the Art of Fighting compilation heading to the Wii like it was rumoured a while back, I guess a rumour was all it was.

As well as them they did also mention that Samurai Shodown 2 & Metal Slug 3 will be on XBLA, as well as the VC titles that they've announced a while back. I'll probably give the XBLA games a miss especially if SS2 is on the Anthology disc.

nephdj

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it really a come back? other then metal slug they are just yearly updates and more arcade fighting ports/remakes
same SNK attitude for the last 5years

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it really a come back? other then metal slug they are just yearly updates and more arcade fighting ports/remakes
They've kinda cut back on a lot of NEW arcade games in the past 5 years, plus it is only stuff released in the early 2008. Most of their stuff has been ports and half assed games (SNK Vs Capcom Card DS).

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
King of Fighters XII will also be on PS3 & 360, but not until 2009
frown.gif

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is also pretty much all they were doing during their golden age from 1995 to 1999, it's just that their yearly updates were so damned good during that period. For a short time in 1999 and 2000 it really looked like SNK was making moves to introduce fresh new games on new platforms in new genres and some of them were truly great like Cool Cool Toon or Ganbare Neo Poke-kun, but that movement got cut short by the stupid corporate crap that happened between 2000 and 2002 unfortunately and now most SNK fans would just be happy with a return to something like the 1995-1999 period. I doubt that what were seeing from them now will prove to be anything like that, though.

I am looking forward to Metal Slug 7, though.

...word is bondage...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: