ohmy.gif
It's beautiful!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Very nice but a bit bloody expensive ln my opinion. You can get a classic copier for less then half of that. I wonder how it fares with games with copy protection like Aladdin.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe a Chinese-flashcart-clone company will get their hands on one of these, copy it 1 to 1, and sell it on DX for under $30. Here's hoping!

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
Very nice but a bit bloody expensive ln my opinion. You can get a classic copier for less then half of that. I wonder how it fares with games with copy protection like Aladdin.
true about the classic copiers i was thinking of getting one but then again i don't have a floppy drive anymore :/
that's a good question about Aladdin, hope someone does a review of it and puts it through its paces with it and other protected games.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
wolffangalchemist said:
TrolleyDave said:
true about the classic copiers i was thinking of getting one but then again i don't have a floppy drive anymore :/
that's a good question about Aladdin, hope someone does a review of it and puts it through its paces with it and other protected games.

The floppy drives are built into the classic copiers, you don't need to supply one. Well, unless you buy a very early Magicom or Magic Drive. But seeing as they came in 8 Mbit and 16 Mbit forms you won't really find them anymore. lol

mumbly

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Please don’t buy something from RetroZone (like the SNES or NES Powerpack) !!! They rob you !!! I can prove you that they are not honest, they keep your cash and they never send the products ! Follow my advice...
hate2.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:
Maybe a Chinese-flashcart-clone company will get their hands on one of these, copy it 1 to 1, and sell it on DX for under $30. Here's hoping!
the NES one has been there forever and they never cloned it so dont count on it

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
danih said:
What does the NTSC/PAL lockout mean? It certainly sounds bad, is "none" the best option LOL
smile.gif
?

The SNES had a chip in it that checked to make sure the cart you were playing was for your system, similar to the NES and N64. If you're lockout chip didn't match the one in the cart it wouldn't run. Choosing "none" would be a bad option unless your SNES was modded! It's basically as simple as picking the region of your console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16