ROM Hack Translation The Snack World - More Then UI

Sotaeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all, I want to say thank you for your hard work translating the story content of Snack World game. I really want to help you check all the text that goes off the screen by playing the game from beginning till finish. How can I contact you? and where I should send the image? because it's gonna be a lot of images when I finish the game.

You can send me a message through the forum once you have enough posts to do so.

Moametal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
What specifically?
¿Qué específicamente?

Those steps:

Step 1: Extract both Main Game cia and Update 3.2 cia then navigate to romfs

Step 2: Apply xdelta patch Snack World 3DS - Game to archive_a.fa Main Games files.

Step 3: Apply xdelta patch Snack World 3DS - Update to archive_a.fa to the 3.2 update files.

Step 4: Repack both cia and install both cias.
Both patches need to be applied due to the .fa formatted files, not all files in the main .fa are in the updates .fa.
So depending on updates, assure that before installing the main cia to create a backup as it will delete your save file.
Applying the updates cia will not delete your save file.

I dont understand this my english is poor

GrimmJ6

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello! I have a problem when i'm extracting the cia, the RomFs Folder doesn't appear, please help

Last edited by Joe88, , Reason: Do not ask for warez

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
240731443_3671673796391103_8192792561920478562_n.jpg

I patched the update and I create the cia with gabrieloroomtools and hackingtoolkit and it gives me the same issue, the system request me the update, with both programs I get the same issue, with hackingtoolkit it has minor and micro, not major, maybe thats the problem, Should I apply beta patch too?

Last edited by Doux91,

dhsiam

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is awesome thank you so much for doing this.

For those looking to use their cartridge while still being able to apply the patch through LayeredFS in Luma, I'm no expert but I think I found a way using Kuriimu2, and having the 3.2 update (without any patch applied) installed on your 3DS.
  1. Follow the original steps in this thread to extract the game and 3.2 update romfs folders, and apply the xdelta patches to each of the archive_a.fa files as described
  2. Use Kuriimu2 to load the patched archive_a.fa file belonging to the update
  3. Extract all the patched update file's contents somewhere by right clicking on the root of it and selecting Extract
  4. Use Kuriimu2 to load the patched archive_a.fa file belonging to the main game
  5. Add all the extracted patched update file's contents to the main game archive_a.fa file by right clicking on the root of it, selecting Add and then selecting the archive_a.fa folder that you extracted from the update
  6. Replace all required patched update file's contents in the main game archive_a.fa file by right clicking on the root of it, selecting Replace and then selecting the archive_a.fa folder that you extracted from the update
  7. Save the main game archive_a.fa file (it will take a min)
  8. Copy the newly updated main game archive_a.fa file onto your SD card at /luma/titles/00040000001C1800/romfs/
I haven't played more than 5 mins of the game with this setup so I suppose there could be issues caused by this method further down the line.

You can find Kuriimu2 on gbatemp / github. Hope it helps someone! I love playing games with the original cartridges so really happy if this continues to work!

itsperkele

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after repatch/reinstalling with current beta patches:
the translation screen on boot up is reverted back to the previous NOT a 1 to 1 Translation disclaimer, rather than the note from you.
the loading screen is now a spinning card instead of a pig.
and Jara skills and bursts have reverted back to japanese text.

just wanted to give you a heads up. i'm going to go through and redo the process again, as it's possible i fumbled something along the way.

Sotaeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
after repatch/reinstalling with current beta patches:
the translation screen on boot up is reverted back to the previous NOT a 1 to 1 Translation disclaimer, rather than the note from you.
the loading screen is now a spinning card instead of a pig.
and Jara skills and bursts have reverted back to japanese text.

just wanted to give you a heads up. i'm going to go through and redo the process again, as it's possible i fumbled something along the way.

Dont use the beta files. The beta files were for those who wanted the story before it was implemented in the main files. That info was in previous patches. The story has now been incorporated into the main ones, just redownload the patch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended