Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Isn't best GUI all based on opinion?
tongue.gif

I think the M3 Real's Sakura GUI is waaaay better than AK2's.
smile.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Diffusion said:
Isn't best GUI all based on opinion?
tongue.gif

I think the M3 Real's Sakura GUI is waaaay better than AK2's.
smile.gif
That's the same opinion I have.....I've used both, and Sakura is really much more powerful, prettier and faster....But negative side is that it doesn't have official English release yet!!

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TheWingless said:
PharaohsVizier said:
It is really quite sad, the EZV has one of the best prices out there, a full set of features, great playback, and an AWESOME team behind them. I love EZ Flash products, ever since my EZ Flash 3, I kept buying them up.
I don't understand it myself either. I hardly hear any complaints. I hardly ever hear any recommendations for it. It's not even a flash cart that people tell you to avoid(R4 and DSX). The team itself sounds pretty reliable and is pretty old. I say there's nothing wrong with it.

miketh2005 said:
QUOTEI notice the Cyclo has 2MB onboard flash memory. What exactly does that do?
I think it does save the system files and moonshell etc.
It stores the firmware. That's why when you update it, it's gotta do that little update progress bar thingy.

Grats on 100 posts?

Wait...Doesn't the Cyclo support fully clean dumps as in it doesn't patch on the go? Like that one time with the Moogle screen of death? It was thought that the flashcarts that patched on the go did this.

Don't other flashcarts update with the progress bar?

roguetrip

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, I haven't been able to find, about the EDGE FW updates, is it abandon or something cause it says no support, I see 1.37 was from 6/27/2008. Is this gonna be the last update?

Also about the Acekard 2, I thought it didn't support folders or is that a different card?

I just ordered a EDGE, now you have me double guessing my decision, DAMMIT lol!

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
roguetrip said:
Question, I haven't been able to find, about the EDGE FW updates, is it abandon or something cause it says no support, I see 1.37 was from 6/27/2008. Is this gonna be the last update?

Also about the Acekard 2, I thought it didn't support folders or is that a different card?

I just ordered a EDGE, now you have me double guessing my decision, DAMMIT lol!
1. 1.37 is the latest. Probably not, EDGE team just focuses on compatibility, and I'm guessing every game is working properly at 1.37.

2. That's the DSTT.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Link5084 said:
Don't other flashcarts update with the progress bar?
Nope, when you update firmware, you just place it on the microSD and that's it..
With CycloDS, you place it on the microSD, turn on the NDS, and than update firmware, after that CycloDS deletes the firmware folder/file itself..
That's why you can actually use any microSD, from any other cart that has ROMS on it, and put it into CycloDS and play it (because firmware is on the cart, no the microSD)....only thing you have to watch out when you're using other microSDs is save format, all flashcarts doesn't have the same save format/extension!!

QUOTEI thought the Acekard had the best GUI. I've read that somewhere .. on GBAtemp.net
Well, that's someones opinion, but I really think Sakura is way better.....And not to mention that Sakura is the only firmware that uses slot 2 RAM expansion to run faster ans smoother..(however, you can use it without RAM expansion, but then it uses pre-defined space on microSD, 16 MB of it)

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Toni Plutonij said:
QUOTE said:
I thought the Acekard had the best GUI. I've read that somewhere .. on GBAtemp.net
Well, that's someones opinion, but I really think Sakura is way better.....And not to mention that Sakura is the only firmware that uses slot 2 RAM expansion to run faster ans smoother..(however, you can use it without RAM expansion, but then it uses pre-defined space on microSD, 16 MB of it)

Oh. That looks interesting because I have the 2in1 (GBA & Explorer) so maybe the RAM could make the loading faster. For the AK2 anyway.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
TheWingless said:
miketh2005 said:
QUOTE said:
I notice the Cyclo has 2MB onboard flash memory. What exactly does that do?
I think it does save the system files and moonshell etc.
It stores the firmware. That's why when you update it, it's gotta do that little update progress bar thingy.
Scds1 has 1MB memory for the firmware, even though the firmware only has been updated once since it's release.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
IOwnAndPwnU said:
I know. But why only the M3 ?
Because, they are the only one who released firmware with such possibility..Sakura is a firmware developed by Moonlight (guy who made Moonshell) and M3 Team, it works on Sakura/Real cart and it is THE ONLY cart that uses RAM expansion so it could ease up on microSD usage, and speed up loading and processing of files..

You can't use it with AceKard 2 (it's like trying to run CycloDS firmware on R4 or some other cart)....

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was just trying to say that it could be produced for other flashcarts. I'm not saying that you just Sakura firmware with the AK2. I'm saying develop a new one. But if it's not possible, I guess it isn't.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
IOwnAndPwnU said:
I was just trying to say that it could be produced for other flashcarts. I'm not saying that you just Sakura firmware with the AK2. I'm saying develop a new one. But if it's not possible, I guess it isn't.
Ahhh..
Yeah, now I understand what are you saying..Yes, this feature could be developed/implemented with other flashcarts, but I really doubt it..There aren't many people who can do stuff like Moonlight, and I think he's kinda teamed up with M3 Team..
There aren't probably going to be firmwares similar to this one, seeing it's very complex and based totally different than all other firmwares..
This firmware is actually heavily modified MoonShell, with improved features, totally changed interface and ROM support!

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
W0W

I had a feeling you misinterpreted me. That's too that it's complex. If it could be developed for other flashcarts, I think it might be a very useful feature.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
IOwnAndPwnU said:
Ahhh..
Yeah, now I understand what are you saying..Yes, this feature could be developed/implemented with other flashcarts, but I really doubt it..There aren't many people who can do stuff like Moonlight, and I think he's kinda teamed up with M3 Team..
There aren't probably going to be firmwares similar to this one, seeing it's very complex and based totally different than all other firmwares..
This firmware is actually heavily modified MoonShell, with improved features, totally changed interface and ROM support!
I have no doubt that any of the teams could implement a feature to take advantage of slot-2 RAM, as the hardware calls are documented. There just isn't enough benefit to make it worth the effort.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Urza said:
I have no doubt that any of the teams could implement a feature to take advantage of slot-2 RAM, as the hardware calls are documented. There just isn't enough benefit to make it worth the effort.
Yes, true......It only makes sense if the firmware is actually a multimedia player, and a good one..other than that, you really don't need slot 2 to just browse trough your microSD, and choose what game/homebrew you want to run..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: