Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeeeeah OK so recently we've heard about Castlevania, Metal Gear, Broken Sword, Kane & Lynch, God of War, Streetfighter Onimusha, Gears of War, Warcraft, Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat 3 being added to the increasing list of games to film some of which probably won't make it to the screen, heres another to add to the list.

From IGN:

"The Sims, the hit life simulation videogame series from Electronic Arts, is being turned into a live-action movie by 20th Century Fox.

The story is being kept under wraps and no actors are attached to the project at this time. According to today's Variety, Brian Lynch (Scary Movie 3) will write the script.

Rod Humble, head of Sims Studio, told the trade, "The Sims has done an interactive version of an old story, which is what it's like to have infinite power and how do you deal with it. Given that that's an old story, you can imagine how easily that would translate to traditional story telling." Oh, now we see their angle! But will it work?

Fox-based producer John Davis is putting together the project. Davis' recent credits include Norbit, Eragon, and Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties -- not exactly a list that will reassure skeptical fans of the game.

Will the characters speak that weird language? Will they have those symbols popping up over their heads? Stay tuned to IGN for answers to these questions and more Sims movie news as it breaks!"

So I'm guessing it'll be a comedy about some guy/bird having control over another person. Could be good in a "Stranger Than Fiction" sort of way but nah it won't I mean come on look at who is writing the script and producing!

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
facepalm.jpg

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know when we here of a game being turned into a movie some people go "hey I reckon this could be great, probably the best game to movie if it works well" and then it gets released in cinemas and is total crap, perhaps the opposite will happen...or not.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
well, I can actually think it'd be fun... I mean... Imagine people standing outside the shower... random people going to your bathroom, while anotherone stands in there eating.
then comes a house maid, cleaning the aquarium for ages, and then leaves with your money. people getting babies in a few days...

I mean... It'd be fun as hell! If it'd be a parody / exact port of the game
smile.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They are also making a movie off Broken Sword. So I guess that one will just be of a guy checking every object he comes across.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Doesn't anyone agree with me? I'd think it'd be awesome.. I mean... how serious is Scary movie? and with all the randomness from the sims... gee it'd be so great!
biggrin.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This movie could be really good(for the reasons Issac stated), but it won't be. It will have a hero with a buddy, overcoming a challenge/evil of some sort and finding love along the way. All set in the wacky world of the sims. The ending will be heart-warming. They'll probably get Ray Romano to do one of the voices. It's going to be a puke fest.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This movie could be really good(for the reasons Issac stated), but it won't be. It will have a hero with a buddy, overcoming a challenge/evil of some sort and finding love along the way. All set in the wacky world of the sims. The ending will be heart-warming. They'll probably get Ray Romano to do one of the voices. It's going to be a puke fest.

That's probably true...Sims needs to stick to the video game world
yaynds.gif
yaypsp.gif

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ May 27 2007, 11:03 PM)]I'll go and see it IF AND ONLY IF Uwe Boll directs it.
nyanya.gif
Nah he only does mildy sucessful game, besides Toilet Bowl is busy doing Dungeon Siege, Hunter: The Reckoning, Bloodrayne 2, Far Cry and of course Alone in the Dark 2. Apparently Postal is a satire.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So, we have a movie based on a game where a bunch of young people put in a house that gets randomly redecorated every few days, except for a table football and a white porcelain dog, they get tons of nice clothes and they get to hang around all day for us to watch, and they somehow get into weird and totally improbable situations only so we could have a laugh?

...so they're making Friends, The Movie.

...yes, I can see the financial appeal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: