"The Sims Spark'd" is a reality TV show where players competitively play The Sims

the_sims_sparkd-600x337.jpg

Have you ever wanted to mix eSports and The Sims? Well, EA has, as they've announced a new television show that focuses on players competing against each other to complete various challenges within The Sims 4. The show will be called The Sims Spark'd, where it will be broadcast on TBS, with episodes to be re-run for those without cable on Buzzfeed Multiplayer. The concept of the four-episode series will see 12 players vie for a $100,000 prize by "building the most unique characters, worlds, and stories".

The contestants of the Sims Spark'd will be various "familiar online personalities", with a former American Idol finalist hosting the series. A special preshow will take place on July 10th, with the first episode to broadcast on July 17th.

“We are excited to introduce the highly-engaged Gen Z community of BuzzFeed Multiplayer to an inventive new form of storytelling within the imaginative world of The Sims,” said Branden Smith, Executive Producer of BuzzFeed Multiplayer. “Partnering with EA and TBS allows us to offer new experiences for fans and expand our core values by spreading an inclusive approach to gaming across platforms and screens.”

:arrow: Source

sup3rgh0st

Top Tier Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The trailer for those who missed it in the article. Looks like it's going to be pumped full of backstory drama in true reality show fashion.

TheCasualties

Just trying to be helpful
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
...wow. Too bad it's "familiar online personalities" for contestants. I dislike that for 2 reasons.

1. I find most "internet personalities" extremely annoying and in general seem like bad humans.
2. The $100k prize should go to people who actually need it. Like regular people, not the 'internet celebs' that already get money from advertisers.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"Buzzfeed will help fund a competitive Sims reality TV esports show" is one of the few things I don't think I'd ever have expected to have to type, nor read.

So, that being said...2020 is continuing with all its insanity as usual
It's one of those things I could never predict, but reading it just doesn't surprise me at all.

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After trying to stop Belgium and other countries changing their laws, then claiming that EA breaking the law isn't illegal as they were doing differently, then finally trying to change things yet again to get around new said laws (EA have no issue at all with encouraging children to gamble, or conning them of hundreds of millions)

Now they desperately try this bull, so much cringe ahahahaha

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dam, this isolation really has given people time to cook up some prime time drugs to get high off your ass on hasn't it. high enough to pull this shit out of no where

Reactions: th3joker

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
A pretty fun concept actually - considering open-ended nature of The Sims, you can get a lot of chaotic and funny moments out of a bunch of people trying to improvise their way towards winning conditions. I mean, imagine the energy of something like Vinesauce's "Meme House", only even more random and competitively driven towards further insanity.

Alas, execution seems to be pretty safe and boring, and while we're yet to see full contestant list, currently known hosts/participants are already pretty dull. If anything, the whole thing comes off as something a clueless executive came up with after being spoonfed a bunch of focus group stats.

Last edited by Pipistrele,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.