OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Up on Live in all regions now. Wonder how it is.... I read some impressions from people that have played the PS3 demo that's been out a for a while now and they... Weren't so good.

I was looking forward to this game so hopefully it's not terrible.

I guess the Simpsons Arcade Game will still reign supreme.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Wowa I never heard that about the PS3 demo. I too was lookin forward to this game, it's the only Simpsons game that has interested me since Bart's Nightmare. I read the other day that EA had to start takin stuff out of the game that spoofed other games as some of the other devs weren't happy about it. Also at some event recently EA had to remove banners which had some Kratos guy on them lol.
Hope it does turn out well as it looks excellent.
Wonder if the bad PS3 demo is due to it being rushed, like how most games are hitting PS3 months after 360 to make sure they are at least comparible to the 360 versions.

[-EDIT-]
Conan demo is also out today (USA Regions, not sure about RotW).
Last game I finished on 360 (3 times so far), great game, very gory, great combos, plays like God Of War, only more focus on combat.
It's region free btw if anyone with mods/hacks hasn't downloaded it yet.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gameplay is apparently very basic, while the presentation is pure Simpsons gold. Still sounds good to me though - Simpsons arcade had very basic gameplay too.

unr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Graphics look very sexy, great animation, pretty effects, cartoony colors. Voice acting is not bad, but most of the jokes are retarded. Demo level is a little frustrating to play. Camera control is extremely shitty - the fact that cam gets stuck to every solid object when you rotate it does not add to enjoyment. Then there is Bart`s aim system. You hit `lock on target` button and have to HOPE that it locks on to correct target. Even if the target is right in front of you, you still have to adjust camera to point straight to it. While doing that do not forget to run around while leaping over obstacles or lasers. And most of the targets are also capable of moving. In other words, it`s very annoying.
It might be a good multiplayer experience though.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Graphics look very sexy, great animation, pretty effects, cartoony colors. Voice acting is not bad, but most of the jokes are retarded. Demo level is a little frustrating to play. Camera control is extremely shitty - the fact that cam gets stuck to every solid object when you rotate it does not add to enjoyment. Then there is Bart`s aim system. You hit `lock on target` button and have to HOPE that it locks on to correct target. Even if the target is right in front of you, you still have to adjust camera to point straight to it. While doing that do not forget to run around while leaping over obstacles or lasers. And most of the targets are also capable of moving. In other words, it`s very annoying.
It might be a good multiplayer experience though.
I was just about to type the very same thing... But yeah. You pretty much summed it all up.

The presentation in this game is amazing. Full hand drawn cut scenes (not in-game 3D), great voice acting, rather good jokes and some fun but a bit too much narrator type commentary by Kent Brockman. The graphics are amazing and there are some real nice effects that make it look as close to the cartoon as it can get.

The game play was very annoying though. The target time to complete the demo was apparently 4 minutes. I took 36 minutes to complete it.
dry.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
The game play was very annoying though. The target time to complete the demo was apparently 4 minutes. I took 36 minutes to complete it. 
dry.gif

lol, least it'll be a long game!
I kinda wish XBL demos had a text feedback option. I know most people probably wouldn't care but it's a good way for devs to get feedback on annoying aspects of the game. I mean if the demo annoys you, sure as hell the final game will too.

[-Edit-]
Just out of interest, have you guys tried the Clive Barker's Jericho game? Really want that! (out any day, demo already up).

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I played the PS3 demo twice, decent demo but looks kinda too expensive for its contents.
Camera and lock-ons are horrible, but on the second playthrough I somewhat adapted to it.

I didn't know the demo was offline 2 player co-op-able, there was absolutely no mention of it, I heard someone saying split screen 2p on the demo.

There are quite a lot of parodies, starting with Medal of Homer, there are Zelda, Batman, GTA, God of War, Dawn of the Dead, Night at the Museum (I think) and such.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
That's a good idea if there's some way to filter useless comments.
"Awesome!" or
"This game (demo) sucks"
Supply close no absolutely no information to the devs. Or perhaps a scoring system would be a good idea.
For example, rating audio, controls, camera and such from 1-5 rating or something. Somebody mail Microsoft about the idea =D

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how long I was playing, but eventually I just gave up on completing the demo...
dry.gif

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was really looking forward to this game as well but from the posted comments it may end up being frustrating.

Oh well I'll give it a whirl.

I've grabbed a copy of Conan but I'm trying to finish up another game before I move onto it.

Reminder for anybody who cares apparently there is a free arcade game this week from Toyota based on their new Yaris car. Free achievements FTW!

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Reminder for anybody who cares apparently there is a free arcade game this week from Toyota based on their new Yaris car. Free achievements FTW!

How do we get the game? Do we have to sign up for something or we can just download it from the marketplace?

Downloading the Simpsons demo at the moment. Not expecting too much given the feedback I've been hearing but I still want to give it a spin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol