The SC problem is the contacts. IMO

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by rrg, Jan 5, 2007.

Jan 5, 2007
  1. rrg
    OP

Newcomer rrg Member

DS1 SuperCard w/microSD:
    Under a magnifing glass I can see the contact pads do not have an even scrape mark across all pads. Compared to my other game DS1 cards, where there are definite uniform scrape marks where it makes contact in the slot.

1.) If you take an original DS card, place it in slot1 and rest it in there 2/3 in. Don't press it in just place it.

2.) Now wiggle it back and forth. Not much play.

3.) Next place the SC the same way. Wiggle it and you have much more play now.

By the way my card has never been acknowledged in the DS lite.

I have a second one coming.
    That's my 2cents worth.

EDIT:

I know what the problem is. I think?

I just took a closer look under the magnifing glass. With a dental tool, a very sharp pick.

Guess what the SC red pc board is reccessed down or it's thinner compared to a much thicker PC board of the DS game. The DS has an actual lip when I use the dental pick to feel for any depth of the pc board. The SC does not indicate any thickness at all when I scrape across the front of the card onto the contacts.

2. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    nice list . i got an extra one to add. faulty drilling. my first SCDS was bad and i was thinking y it was broken after i sent it back and there were 2 badly drilled holes.