The save data could not be accessed. Turn power off and reinsert DS ca

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Tret, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Tret
    OP

Tret Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2009
    United States
    Hello.

I'm trying to play GTA Chinatown wars on the CycloDS and I keep getting a blank screen with this error when trying to start the game. I have the 1.54 firmware and I have tried with both the US and EU versions of the game. I also tried formatting the sd card and using the save cheat that was posted here. Lastly I tried patching the arm7 but it still gives me this error. Any help?

2. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    Check your MicroSD. Is there a save file for Grand Theft Auto? If so, then delete it, it might be corrupted. Another theory might be that your MicroSD is too full to create a save file but I highly doubt that.
    Your problem is different from others, because most people just see blank screens.

3. Tret
    OP

Tret Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2009
    United States
    My microSD is not full and there is a save file but deleting it does not fix it. If i delete the save file and try to play the game, I will still get that error and the save file will then return.

4. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    Go into the CycloDS options menu. Under Save Type, is it set to Normal or Alternate?

5. Tret
    OP

Tret Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2009
    United States
    It is set to normal right now but I have tried both. I also tried power saver and cheats on and off. [​IMG]

6. EmperorOfCanada

EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 4, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    Im having the same problem >.>