Hacking Question The Safety of Modchips

Gameboyandwatch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan on buying the Team Xecutor modchip to emilate GameCube games mostly, but I was wondering about a few things. Firstly, will I get banned for using this? I'll only be using it for emulating classic games. Secondly, will it remain functional (and without ban) if my console updates? I'm currently on the newest update.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
If you want to hack your Switch, just to emulated gc, you shouldn't try to hack it in the first place... :P
1. You can get banned. So staying offline is the best thing to do.
2. Yes

P.S.: There are free options with same functionality as SX OS, so you don't need to spend your money.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: Itzumi

Gameboyandwatch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to hack your Switch, just to emulated gc, you shouldn't try to hack it in the first place... :P
1. You can get banned. So staying offline is the best thing to do.
2. Yes

P.S.: There are free options with same functionality as SX OS, so you don't need to spend your money.
Emulated gc? Isn't that what the modchip does? And i i thought you needed to be on an old OS to use SX OS (I'm on newest)

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Emulated gc? Isn't that what the modchip does? And i i thought you needed to be on an old OS to use SX OS (I'm on newest)
modchip allows you to have CFW. People are able to somewhat emulate N64 right now, but it still runs like a **** so it will take some serious time to get GameCube working.
And you can use any CFW on any FW (except 1.0.0, which is broken for most CFWs).

0000ff

Spase Peepole
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The switch cannot emulate GameCube games very well as of now, and what does work is only done in Lakka. For free. No modchip needed.

Gameboyandwatch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
modchip allows you to have CFW. People are able to somewhat emulate N64 right now, but it still runs like a **** so it will take some serious time to get GameCube working.
And you can use any CFW on any FW (except 1.0.0, which is broken for most CFWs).
Sorry for the necropost, but is there a guide I could view on how to use SX OS without spending money? I mean I thought you NEEDED a modchip to be able to boot into that.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Sorry for the necropost, but is there a guide I could view on how to use SX OS without spending money? I mean I thought you NEEDED a modchip to be able to boot into that.
You need something to push payload to your Switch. So PC, modchip = dongle, phone.
And instead of free SX OS, go with any free CFW.

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7BVtGnlxT8