Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've written this for your own good. Way too many of you guys embarrass yourselves without even knowing it.

1) Using the following terms inevitably make you look like a douchebag that's new to the internet, and is eager to show everyone that he knows the "cool new lingo." Nearly all of these terms were used, abused, and eventually dropped before 2005. They were barely cool in their prime. Now they're pathetic.

- Using the word nub, newb, or n00b.
- Epic, fail, win, or any combination of the three. (But using ''You win the internet'' is acceptable.)
- Any kind of 1337 text.

2) The internet should never merge into the real world. Saying any kind of internet meme, joke, or term outside of the context of the internet makes you look and sound like a douchebag that just wants to be a nerd.

3) Acting like you don't want to be trolled is a golden invitation to be trolled.

4) If you don't know the origin or point of a joke or meme, don't use it. If you can't explain why it's funny, it's not, and you have no right to use it.

5) The only "rules of the internet" you remember from the original list is "don't talk about 4chan" and rule 34. Referring to either of those typically makes you look like a twelve year old. Yes. I was a /b/ user once but i stopped doing that shit 3 months ago. We all know. It's not funny anymore. 4chan exists, every goddamn body knows about it. You shouldn't be proud to talk about it though. What the fuck is wrong with you?

That is all.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Vidboy10 said:
I've written this for your own good. Way too many of you guys embarrass yourselves without even knowing it.

1) Using the following terms inevitably make you look like a douchebag that's new to the internet, and is eager to show everyone that he knows the "cool new lingo." Nearly all of these terms were used, abused, and eventually dropped before 2005. They were barely cool in their prime. Now they're pathetic.

- Using the word nub, newb, or n00b.
- Epic, fail, win, or any combination of the three. (But using ''You win the internet'' is acceptable.)
- Any kind of 1337 text.

2) The internet should never merge into the real world. Saying any kind of internet meme, joke, or term outside of the context of the internet makes you look and sound like a douchebag that just wants to be a nerd.

3) Acting like you don't want to be trolled is a golden invitation to be trolled.

4) If you don't know the origin or point of a joke or meme, don't use it. If you can't explain why it's funny, it's not, and you have no right to use it.

5) The only "rules of the internet" you remember from the original list is "don't talk about 4chan" and rule 34. Referring to either of those typically makes you look like a twelve year old. Yes. I was a /b/ user once but i stopped doing that shit 3 months ago. We all know. It's not funny anymore. 4chan exists, every goddamn body knows about it. You shouldn't be proud to talk about it though. What the fuck is wrong with you?

That is all.
Yeah, I only came here because I thought you were gonna repost that big long list that included Rule 34, but good info to use.
Although I use memes in rl because noone I know knows what I'm talking about. Hehe.

.....And most of the time I can't explain why anything is funny, but I laugh and use it anyway. XD

And 4chan is still cool... I mean... They made that Nice Boat meme and stuff.... But that's about it for recents.. LOL

Kuragari Ryo

Demon Fox
Trophies
The House Within the Reflection, Ryo Manor
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Vidboy10 said:
2) The internet should never merge into the real world.

I wasn't aware the internet was some sort of game. I could've sworn some people used it for something other than entertainment, and that real world people created the internet at some point in time.

QUOTE(Vidboy10 @ Oct 9 2009, 12:32 AM) Saying any kind of internet meme, joke, or term outside of the context of the internet makes you look and sound like a douchebag that just wants to be a nerd.

So I guess people also shouldn't go around quoting movies, games and other things too then. Its gonna be awfully quiet around some places.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i planned this to be a long thread that seemed like a joke but was actually serious but then turned out to be a huge, hilarious success that did cause reform here at GBAtemp and sprouted many similar movements on forums all across the web but then i realized this is the same shit said every single day by a bunch of self-righteous young lads like myself and that i couldnt think of any more rules.

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Kuragari Ryo said:
Vidboy10 said:
Saying any kind of internet meme, joke, or term outside of the context of the internet makes you look and sound like a douchebag that just wants to be a nerd.
So I guess people also shouldn't go around quoting movies, games and other things too then. Its gonna be awfully quiet around some places.
Quoting Movies is incredibly different.
But using memes in Real Life is just stupid as fuck.

But really, If I see one more asshole say "Hurr hurr epic fail" I'm going to puke down their asshole.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hurr hurr epic fail

mthrnitesmiley.gif

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OK....
I will admit that the Epic Fail shit was harsh...
But when i was saying that i mean when they just say ''Epic Fail'' or ''^This'' and nothing else it comes off rather annoying...

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Popcorn Fairy said:
Vidboy10 said:
OK....
But when i was saying that i mean when they just say ''Epic Fail'' or ''^This'' and nothing else it comes off annoying...

^This = Damage control
I didnt know what you were talking about...
My quote or the ''^This'' thing.

Popcorn Fairy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vidboy10 said:
Popcorn Fairy said:
Vidboy10 said:
OK....
But when i was saying that i mean when they just say ''Epic Fail'' or ''^This'' and nothing else it comes off annoying...

^This = Damage control
I didnt know what you were talking about...
My quote or the ''^This'' thing.

Of course you don't.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vidboy10 said:
Linkiboy said:
It's okay, you embarrass yourself a lot too. For example, with this thread.
Not really.
I have some valid points if you actually read it.
No, son. Stop being a pretentious dick and assuming the internet gives a shit about what you think the rules of the internet are, because frankly: it doesn't. Albeit your points are valid, by making such points you yourself reek of newfaggotry.

My favorite part of your post is "...either of those typically makes you look like a twelve year old." when you're only 13 (only 3 months into 13), which well would explain why you sound like a douche with unwarranted self importance.

Rule 6) INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.