Hacking The Rock Band Launcher

killer626

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok ill see what i can come up with in graphix during the week end. Apart from that, for the freeware rock music, I know a few, but I'm just wondering how that could help?? Ok i might have misunderstood but:

- We are trying to get the Wii RB instuments to be recognised in the launchers, so we can play RB wii backups; its like installing a usb keyboard driver on your computer

This means that free rock songs would be useless would't they? We're not PORTING Frets On Fire to the wii, for custom everything, were just trying to get the USB instr. recognized under backup loaders right ??

You can check the FoF and Tap Tap Revolution/Revenge repo's for some nice, simple and free rock songs.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
killer626 said:
ok ill see what i can come up with in graphix during the week end. Apart from that, for the freeware rock music, I know a few, but I'm just wondering how that could help?? Ok i might have misunderstood but:

- We are trying to get the Wii RB instuments to be recognised in the launchers, so we can play RB wii backups; its like installing a usb keyboard driver on your computer

This means that free rock songs would be useless would't they? We're not PORTING Frets On Fire to the wii, for custom everything, were just trying to get the USB instr. recognized under backup loaders right ??

You can check the FoF and Tap Tap Revolution/Revenge repo's for some nice, simple and free rock songs.

I think he wants the free rock music as a background for the channel. The main purpose though is getting the Wii to recognize the instruments.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
killer626 said:

Sorry I meant music for a wii channel
tongue.gif

I already made a banner, but if you have some go ahead

Edit: woops sstew beat me to it
biggrin.gif

killer626

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
allright for the BG music of the channel I can look into it this week end when I get home... I think I've got quite a few tracks that would do.

As for FoF on the wii, it may just be wishfull thinkin but that would r.o.c.k (!!). I've stopped using RB on X360.. I only use FoF MFH Mod on my PC nowadays... So many more songs...

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
killer626 said:
allright for the BG music of the channel I can look into it this week end when I get home... I think I've got quite a few tracks that would do.

As for FoF on the wii, it may just be wishfull thinkin but that would r.o.c.k (!!). I've stopped using RB on X360.. I only use FoF MFH Mod on my PC nowadays... So many more songs...

I'm pretty sure we should use freeware music, what do you think?

QUOTE(SFenton @ Nov 21 2008, 05:01 PM) Still working on the cIOS.

Hows that working out?

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish you the best of luck. To bad the backup loader doesn't work with waninokos old cios of ios 37. Hopefully everything works out alright, I wouldn't mind playing some Rockband Customs.

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sentinel5000 said:
I have an original Rock Band game and gamma installed and the instruments work, dunno with an iso tho...
Try loading the original through gamma- I believe the instruments won't work.

Looking at the scorehero thread, the real purpose of wanting RB to work with a Backup Loader is so users can make custom music discs.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rykin said:
sentinel5000 said:
I have an original Rock Band game and gamma installed and the instruments work, dunno with an iso tho...
Try loading the original through gamma- I believe the instruments won't work.

Looking at the scorehero thread, the real purpose of wanting RB to work with a Backup Loader is so users can make custom music discs.

Right on the money, Sentinel.
Also, I'd like to try something. Can someone install IOS37 (official) on their Wii, and then downgrade back down to 3.2 U? That's why my instruments are working through 3.2, I believe- I was at 3.3 (Rock Band update) and downgraded to 3.2.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SFenton said:
Also, I'd like to try something. Can someone install IOS37 (official) on their Wii, and then downgrade back down to 3.2 U? That's why my instruments are working through 3.2, I believe- I was at 3.3 (Rock Band update) and downgraded to 3.2.
I could I guess. I just need to downgrade to see if the instruments still work through an original copy? Through Gamma or the disc channel?
Edit: Audio is Mixed Better in this video

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that IOS37 has the trucha signer bug patched so it won't allow one to load a custom RB disc unless they patch the game to use another IOS. Now one fix for modded wii's is to switch the IOS37 required by the disc with CiOS 37. But at this time with CiOS 37 the backup loader does not work. Now if it would be possible to figure out exactly what from IOS37 needs to be implemented in the backup loader's CiOS. Also I do believe Rockband doesn't update the system menu and only adds in IOS37.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Arek1985 said:
The problem is that IOS37 has the trucha signer bug patched so it won't allow one to load a custom RB disc unless they patch the game to use another IOS. Now one fix for modded wii's is to switch the IOS37 required by the disc with CiOS 37. But at this time with CiOS 37 the backup loader does not work. Now if it would be possible to figure out exactly what from IOS37 needs to be implemented in the backup loader's CiOS. Also I do believe Rockband doesn't update the system menu and only adds in IOS37.
SFenton found the driver file in IOS37. I'm pretty sure he's doing what requiem said.

requiem4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys... seriously, this is simple. Take WiiGator's cIOS installer and modify it to use IOS37 as the input file. That's it.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
requiem4d said:
Guys... seriously, this is simple. Take WiiGator's cIOS installer and modify it to use IOS37 as the input file. That's it.

I know it's this simple, and it's not that hard... But if nobody except you knows how to do this, requiem, then we seem to have a problem.

Madaboeinie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What you are working on is exactly what I need. I bought all the instruments but i can't seem to get them working trough all sorts of backup loaders.
I wish you good luck and I will visit this thread to see the progress. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Happy birthday! +1