Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What we need to do is make a GCN Backup Loader for the Wii that can read GC ISO's off the Wii disc with 100% compatibility. What are some steps to getting this to hapepn?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
zidane_genome said:
hack MIOS. that's the only step needed.

You are kidding, right? If i remember correctly WiiGator said something like: the mios is already hacked, as far as you would need it for backup launching. The problem is that the disc loading isn't done by the IOS or MIOS for gamecube discs.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
zidane_genome said:
hack MIOS. that's the only step needed.

You are kidding, right? If i remember correctly WiiGator said something like: the mios is already hacked, as far as you would need it for backup launching. The problem is that the disc loading isn't done by the IOS or MIOS for gamecube discs.
its an IPL isnt it. that controls how GC mode works, MIOS is just the GC layer to load GC games. am i correct?

JoeyGennaro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you really think it's going to be tough to do? I'm not so sure - I think if some of these talented teams focused all their energy on doing this that they'd be able to do it although I'm not too sure they are currently even doing this. Something tells me they are more concerned with IOS and things like CSM - which I currently don't even care about.

The things that are top on my list right now are getting the RARE games injected WADS and the GCN Backup Loader.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^^^Not really. Personally I want to play MGS: Twin Snakes on the cube. I cant buy it online thiugh since its price pretty much doubled. Thats the only game I real want for gcn since I own most of them.

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JoeyGennaro said:
Do you really think it's going to be tough to do? I'm not so sure - I think if some of these talented teams focused all their energy on doing this that they'd be able to do it although I'm not too sure they are currently even doing this. Something tells me they are more concerned with IOS and things like CSM - which I currently don't even care about.

The things that are top on my list right now are getting the RARE games injected WADS and the GCN Backup Loader.

if you dont care about CSM and such then thats your own issues, but ALOT of people in the scene DO care about this. and as for the people writing code, they do what pleases them, not what others want them to do. there not making money off these things so why should they care about what people think of that they are doing.

if you are so in need of playing rare games, load up project64 on your pc, GC games? go to your local pawn shop and by the games...

if you pirate games, you cannot demand things in order to able your pirating...if they come then great, if not then live with what you have...

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
why do people need a GC backup loader, i mean we all know its for piracy at the end of the day, why not just buy the games ther elike all under £10 on ebay

Or a modchip, for that matter.

Right now, I don't feel the need to play GC games. I had a GameCube some time ago and I had a handful of original copies (Animal Crossing, SSBM and Pokémon Colosseum), and while they were great, I'm trying to focus my attention on Wii titles. It seems that I'm always one generation behind, so I'm trying to catch up with the current games. When I'm done with Wii, I'll buy GC. They're dirty cheap right now. €15 a new one, €5 second hand.

I'm not saying that a backup loader for Wii is something bad, of course not
smileipb2.png

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
In my case I'm trying to get my actual PAL GCN games to play in 480p mode on my Wii... it's not working out I've only managed to get F ZeroGX PAL(Yes my actual disc) to run in 480p mode.
If there were a soft GCN backup loader I'd patch my own backups videomode where possible and acquire USA dumps where that's not possible.

Short answer(in my case) because NoE sucks ass.

I'm not buying the 40 odd games that I already own again... do the maths... it's like under 400 quid.

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pokeparadox said:
In my case I'm trying to get my actual PAL GCN games to play in 480p mode on my Wii... it's not working out I've only managed to get F ZeroGX PAL(Yes my actual disc) to run in 480p mode.
If there were a soft GCN backup loader I'd patch my own backups videomode where possible and acquire USA dumps where that's not possible.

I'm not buying the 40 odd games that I already own again... do the maths... it's like under 400 quid.

why cant you play them 480i?? or standard def...

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
pokeparadox said:

well my Tv just scales them on there own in 480P if the support it or down to 480I if they dont. some games have problems tho

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
Valgreen said:
pokeparadox said:

I want to be interlace free where possible
wink.gif
I can of course play them in PAL60 mode etc... but I hate interlacing.

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pokeparadox said:
Valgreen said:
pokeparadox said:

I want to be interlace free where possible
wink.gif
I can of course play them in PAL60 mode etc... but I hate interlacing.

but atleast you can play them
smile.gif

i would like to play all my games on a nice new LCD tv, but i just have an old crt....whats a guy to do

smile.gif
sometimes you just have to suck it up, if its a game you really enjoy you can get by
smile.gif

but yes, interlacing sucks, i concur

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
why do people need a GC backup loader, i mean we all know its for piracy at the end of the day, why not just buy the games ther elike all under £10 on ebay

There are so many GC games right now that I'd want to play but I'm on a budget right now. Look at the price for Ikaruga. I mean, come on, people want to save money. So the GCN Backup Loader is what the Wii ABSOLUTELY MUST need.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Link5084 said:
linkinworm said:

There are so many GC games right now that I'd want to play but I'm on a budget right now. Look at the price for Ikaruga. I mean, come on, people want to save money. So the GCN Backup Loader is what the Wii ABSOLUTELY MUST need.
then again, the scene isnt for piracy, no matter how it may seem.

Framework43

I'm International
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
linkinworm said:

I think you'll live without it
sleep.gif
'
Seriously, If you really need it that much, get a modchip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.