HollowSuperHylianHedgehog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) TX way to implement it is highly illegal
2) XCI isn't necessity for a majority
3) Nobody have cared to make one since argument nr. 2. NSP files are fine for like 99% of the pirates.

i am in that 1% because i want to play games on a 45$ 2tb external hard drive, rather than a 400$ 1tb micro sd im ok with no portability

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just give up hope on a xci loader for free CFW :/ I highly doubt anyone really wants to release this. If they do, awesome. But again I really doubt something like this will ever go public for AMS.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i am in that 1% because i want to play games on a 45$ 2tb external hard drive, rather than a 400$ 1tb micro sd im ok with no portability
You don't need 1TB of games with you at all times though. If you're cheap or poor, get a 128GB card, it's more than enough for the games you want to play currently + all of the games you'd want to keep on there at all times like Mario Kart, Mario Party etc.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
128gb is the sweet spot for switch games that can hold 10 games and also emulators. Most people do more downloading than actually playing that is why CFW is a gift and a curse. I personally have a 400gb SD card with 30 games and emulators on my switch and I like only play maybe 4 games on it. I have a 5TB HD that has all my NSP Files store on it. (I have 1TB in pirated material of switch games hehe)

XCI is not really needed honestly I don't even know why you want to put a HD on the switch anyway when 128gb is more than sufficient once you beat a game just delete and put a new one on.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need 1TB of games with you at all times though. If you're cheap or poor, get a 128GB card, it's more than enough for the games you want to play currently + all of the games you'd want to keep on there at all times like Mario Kart, Mario Party etc.

im not poor, (for a 16 year old)

i have an 128gb micro sd . it can fit like only 70gb of games. emmunand takes 32gb of space,and i need space for save data.70gb is like, smash,mario kart,botw,pokemon sword and animal crossing.

there is a slight chance my micro sd card can get corupted,id rather have my 20$ 128gb micro sd, and 45$ 2tb external drive hard drive broken/ corrupted than a 400$ 1tb micro sd card. im not as risky as other people

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
im not poor, (for a 16 year old)

i have an 128gb micro sd . it can fit like only 70gb of games. emmunand takes 32gb of space,and i need space for save data.70gb is like, smash,mario kart,botw,pokemon sword and animal crossing.

there is a slight chance my micro sd card can get corupted,id rather have my 20$ 128gb micro sd, and 45$ 2tb external drive hard drive broken/ corrupted than a 400$ 1tb micro sd card. im not as risky as other people
You can install games to the NAND in emuNAND, the actual space taken up is more like 3GB and the rest is free for you to install games to.
True, some games are pretty big. Maybe a 200GB card is a better size. I was fine with a 200GB card for a while, now I'm using a 512GB card but I only filled up like 300GB of it and there are a lot of games on there I probably won't play.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can install games to the NAND in emuNAND, the actual space taken up is more like 3GB and the rest is free for you to install games to.
True, some games are pretty big. Maybe a 200GB card is a better size. I was fine with a 200GB card for a while, now I'm using a 512GB card but I only filled up like 300GB of it and there are a lot of games on there I probably won't play.

i have games on my ps2:yayps3:,wii:yaywii: and 3ds:yay3ds: that i wont probably play too,but ive hacked my switch for 3 people with different likes on games to play.thats why i need to download lots of games.(well,thats not the case for the 3ds,because all 3 of us have their own hacked 3ds,and i have 10/30 games ill still wont probably play :/ ) i never allow the other 2 to play in handheld mode:yayswitch: cause im overprotective with my systems. and since ill only allow em to play in docked mode:switch:, personally,i dont find any reason to pay extra $$$ on a micro sd card with half the size and 5x the price of a hdd. i too dont play a lot in handheld mode,so there is absolutely no reason for me to play games from my micro sd card:sleep:

also id rather not install games to my nand in case anything silly happens and i brick my switch:switch:, i have a nand backup but still:wacko:
(sorry for the emojis, this is my first account on gba and im 1 hour old and im still trying new things out :))

GatoFiestero

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I think there is a very dark reason behind the external usb issue. Related with OS SX.

I'm reading in some yakuza forums but I can't find anything

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know its kind of a joke to think that most Atmosphere users are really any less of a pirate that SX, but it does seem true for the major devs.

Blawar is the one really prolific pro-pirate dev and SX OS bought him. Anti-piracy devs like M4WX refused the same offer. Even key NSP devs like XorTroll have been somehow anti-pirate. And lets keep in mind that SX' current solution is supposedly copying Nintendo code, doing the same from the ground up and open source would be more difficult.

So you need to find a dev that's willing to pour a ton of free time into the cause of pirating modern games, that would rebuff any attempt by SX OS to pay to keep such a feature off of free CFW. I think the rarity of that is a big part of why things are the way they are.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,
Reactions: peteruk

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anti XCI users here are missing the point. Having a switch isn't just about portability you have folks that rather make it a home console with a library of games on their external. Are we just going to pretend the Wii/Wii U and PS3 hacking days didn't revolve around HDD support?.
If we wanted to play on the go then all we have to do is keep our fav games on the SD card its really not that big of a deal, but there are ppl who indeed would like this feature even tho they don't want to support sxos for it. Its gotten to the point where ppl dont want to buy multiple sd cards and having to reserve 30gb of space for emunand on each thats why there is a demand for this, but most devs in any community dont want to deal with legal terms. Only reason Team Xecuter gets away with it b/c they are an anonymous group.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably legal terms ofc same as the xci issue nothing really dark about it. Its just devs not taking any chances
yeah i have that problem too. the best i can do is close software,be in the home menu, sleep mode,and unplug. i wish it would turn off when in sleep mode,but i guess thats the safest thing to do. i could power off the switch and unplug hdd,but then i would have to sent a payload and reboot sxos,which takes 5 minutes if the pc is power on( i dont have a dongle).im not sure if the method i use(the safest method except the power off and sent paycheck to load CFW again) can corrupt the hdd, so if someone knows im all ears

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i have that problem too. the best i can do is close software,be in the home menu, sleep mode,and unplug. i wish it would turn off when in sleep mode,but i guess thats the safest thing to do. i could power off the switch and unplug hdd,but then i would have to sent a payload and reboot sxos,which takes 5 minutes if the pc is power on( i dont have a dongle).im not sure if the method i use(the safest method except the power off and sent paycheck to load CFW again) can corrupt the hdd, so if someone knows im all ears
There used to be a nsp that had power off and reboot. But I haven't used those ever since my switch was on 6.2. They stopped working on higher firms. Might be worth the search if theres any updated versions of them.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dont care what the format is as long as it works, i have a 128Gb card in the switch and rest are stored on the PC, your never gonna play 1 or two games at anyone time . once its finished it comes off and gets replaced, takes no more than 10 minutes to copy and install. it'll take longer to download from eshop.

Last edited by sudeki300,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple