the real reason of sonic 4 delay

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by shito, Sep 14, 2010.

Sep 14, 2010
  1. shito
    OP

Member shito GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    source
    thanks a lot apple

2. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    It's not apples, fault, it's SEGA's fault for trying to put this on the bloody iPhone too.

3. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    Apparently according to recent rumblings, the physics haven't been changed as much as they promised they would do either... According to them they can't change them much due to level design, even though they said they would work on that during the delay too. [​IMG]

Still looking forward to it though, I've been waiting for a Sonic 4 for so long...

4. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    why the hell don't they just delay its iPhone release and meantime release it on every other format duh!

oh wait that would be too sensible lets delay it longer whilst we tinker with it to get it to work on iPhone meantime fustrate the millions of none iPhone users then eventually release the original untweaked version because they couldnt get it to be any better anyway!

5. outgum

Member outgum Pokemanz Master

New Zealand
    I kind of forgot about Sonic 4 lol.....

6. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    Maybe he simply didn`t wanted to say, that the game still had some things fans weren`t pleased about...

I seriously don`t believe that the iPhone-version was the main reason for the delay, since it already was confirmed by SEGA of America that the delay was due to polishing the game up! He also said, that they wanted stages to be better playable on consoles. I guess that`s what polishing the game up means in japanese [​IMG]

IMO that`s not a bad thing. In the latest footage they showed of the game I thought the jumping-physic looked pretty good. I mean the newest 2D-Mario-games also have a whole new handling due to the new gameplaystyle and flow. I think if the controls work in the context of Sonic 4 it should be fine.

But I`m still glad they`ve changed it, since before it really was a little too floaty!

7. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Oh well. I don't mind the delay once there are improvements and the game isn't buggy. Hopefully this is time well spent.

8. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    It just pisses me off to no end that they try to shoehorn these games into the iPhone, when they totally skip over a much more worthy platform, PSP.

Same with Street Fighter 4. They shoehorned that onto the iPhone, but it would have done much better on the PSP.

It's like the devs are acknowledging the iPhone as a legitimate gaming platform.

9. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    They're probably ignoring the PSP because the game will sell better on the iPhone as it would've on the PSP. Game sales for the PSP aren't the strongest, IIRC. Sure, the controls would be better on the PSP as the iPhone lacks any (real) buttons, but most developers seem to ignore this anyways.

10. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    Well maybe if the PSP didn't sell so badly then it might have a chance. Don't blame SEGA for knowing which route will make them have income on their franchise because they know that the Iphone pwns over PSP.

On-topic: You can't please Sonic fans at all, they will always complain about something that can't seem to be perfect with their logic. With that said, Sonic 4 is like Duke Nukem Forever...took too damn long to be developed!! I mean if they came out with this instead of Sonic the Hedgehog on the Xbox360 then it will at least given the blue mascot a happy birthday present. Pfffft, SEGA does WHATEVER the hell makes them $$$

11. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    They just pushed the game back for a few month because of the fans... If that`s not fan-service then I really don`t know what is!

The gameing industry is like every other industries just about money. You can be sure, that the primary reason Nintendo did WiiFit in the first place was $$$. They don`t give a s**t if you are healthy when you don`t buy their product! That you get healthier from it is a neat secondary effect but that won`t make them do any games! You really shouldn`t blame SEGA for wanting to satisfy the customers desire for the sake of gaining money. That`s what it`s all about in the first place!

12. SparkFenix

Member SparkFenix GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    The PSP most likely had very high sales due to Birth by Sleep

13. purplesludge

Member purplesludge anyone have any ideas for this space

United States
    Birth by sleep has been out in Japan for a while. The psp sales have been near ds sales for a while there and finally passed them.