Gaming The quest for the shiny Rayquaza

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Several years back, when I first played Emerald and caught a Rayquaza, I made a promise to myself to catch one. This day hasn't come yet. I restarted Emerald recently and the moment I get to the Rayquaza, it'll be time to catch a shiny one! Anyone got tips? I was just gonna save and quit ALOT 'til I got it... Either way, that's my quest that MUST be fulfilled!

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
save be for entering the room

enter the room

if not shiny soft reset (L+R+A+B+Start+Select) walk in the room if not shinny soft reset until it is

it gonna take like 8-10 hours until it is shinny

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

enter the room

if not shiny soft reset (L+R+A+B+Start+Select) walk in the room if not shinny soft reset until it is

What do you mean by before entering the room? can't you save right before you press a?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
http://tasvideos.org/GameResources/GBx/Pokemon/RNG.html
Cycling habits
The game tends to cycle the RNG once per frame outside of battle or in menus, and twice per frame in battle outside of menus (when the battlefield is visible).

So it sounds like saving before the pokemon should be fine (not outside the room).

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

enter the room

What do you mean by before entering the room? can't you save right before you press a?
the game will decide if it is shiny or notwhen you enter the room

if you save in the room it will all ways be not shiny

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
the game will decide if it is shiny or notwhen you enter the room

if you save in the room it will all ways be not shiny
Shininess is not a single determination, it's determined by the combination of PID and IVs last I checked. According to some TAS documents the RNG is cycled when the battle starts, nothing mentions stats being pre-determined when the room is entered (and then saved with the save).

If somebody can get a save from right before RQ and load it up twice (with variants) and show the RQ's IVs are different (thus different stats), then that'll prove it's determined when the battle starts. Else, a save inside the room that always gets a shiny will determine the other way.

EDIT: Er, IVs, not EVs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended