The producer of Story of Seasons and Rune Factory has formed a new studio

IMG_0024.PNG

It's been some time since we've heard about the new Story of Seasons game, and even longer since we've heard anything about Rune Factory. And while that fact hasn't changed, the producer of both franchises seems to be up to something. Yoshifumi Hashimoto has created a new studio called "Hakama". The purpose of this new development studio isn't clear yet, but it's a direct subsidiary of Marvelous, which has normally been the publisher of both aforementioned game series. Hashimoto has also stepped down from his role of Chief Creative Officer and Executive Officer at Marvelous in order to helm this new studio. At the time of writing, Hashimoto is confirmed to be working on two games: Dragon Marked for Death, a 2D action RPG, and Story of Seasons: Untitled, both of which are Switch exclusives.

:arrow: Japanese site

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Loving the fish thing that holds a wodden switch. Nintendo needs to make a wooden colored switch looks sexy.

bluedart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap! Time to hear about another must-have game in about a year or so! Then, of course, the subsequent release in another year or so - and then get an English version another year or so after that! Thank goodness the Switch is region-free! I Love Rune Factory and Farm Story more than just about anything else!

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we get a new Rune Factory and story of seasons game I’m gonna literally die of excitement. It’s been too long for Rune Factory so a new game is really needed. Story of Seasons for switch needs to be fleshed out like hell!! SoS needs to remind me of the wii Harvest Moon games some of the best in the series.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we get a new Rune Factory and story of seasons game I’m gonna literally die of excitement. It’s been too long for Rune Factory so a new game is really needed. Story of Seasons for switch needs to be fleshed out like hell!! SoS needs to remind me of the wii Harvest Moon games some of the best in the series.
Wait what the WII harvest moon games of all? The two worst of the franchise? Really? Those games had good content (third best cast to sos and tot) but the lagging and loading screens made it extremely tedious and awful. This is honestly the first i've heard anyone even mention them, forget actually liking them. It feels like the people at Fogu pretend it doesn't exist.

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait what the WII harvest moon games of all? The two worst of the franchise? Really? Those games had good content (third best cast to sos and tot) but the lagging and loading screens made it extremely tedious and awful. This is honestly the first i've heard anyone even mention them, forget actually liking them. It feels like the people at Fogu pretend it doesn't exist.
Ehhh yea the lag and loading screens were awful I’ll admit that. But I believe the cast and the storyline was one of the best. I seriously can go back and replay those games over and over again like I’ve never touched them. Ik I say I’m the queen but there are some SoS/HM games I haven’t played yet. Still those games had something special about them. I also liked the mechanics of the game. If not those, more specifically Animal Parade, being the best then I would say N64 or AWL/AnWL. Even though the GameCube ones had lag in them as well.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ehhh yea the lag and loading screens were awful I’ll admit that. But I believe the cast and the storyline was one of the best. I seriously can go back and replay those games over and over again like I’ve never touched them. Ik I say I’m the queen but there are some SoS/HM games I haven’t played yet. Still those games had something special about them. I also liked the mechanics of the game. If not those, more specifically Animal Parade, being the best then I would say N64 or AWL/AnWL. Even though the GameCube ones had lag in them as well.
I bought Magical Melody for GC when I was little. I think it had long load times, but it wasn't as unbearable as tree of tranquility and animal parade. Through an odd glitch midgame, I somehow had made it so that all of my inventory items were maxed quantity. I effectively got infinite money. Only reason I continued playing. Hated the baby models of all villagers. Married Danny because everyone else was basic in personality and he was least awful.

I completely understand why tree of tranquility and animal parade can be fun, but the game is so ruined by the long loading screens it is so disheartening. I tried playing them through harddrive and with an ssd in dolphin emulator. Those games are hardcoded to be stupid slow. God I hope they get remakes. They deserve it. I loved how spicy the waiter was.

Last edited by Pluupy,

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought Magical Melody for GC when I was little. I think it had long load times, but it wasn't as unbearable as tree of tranquility and animal parade. Through an odd glitch midgame, I somehow had made it so that all of my inventory items were maxed quantity. I effectively got infinite money. Only reason I continued playing. Hated the baby models of all villagers. Married Danny because everyone else was basic in personality and he was least awful.

I completely understand why tree of tranquility and animal parade can be fun, but the game is so ruined by the long loading screens it is so disheartening. I tried playing them through harddrive and with an ssd in dolphin emulator. Those games are hardcoded to be stupid slow. God I hope they get remakes. They deserve it. I loved how spicy the waiter was.
Yes chase was my first option with the wizard being second. But yea magical melody was not that great. The dialogue was kinda wack and the characters looked to childish for my taste. The Wii harvest moon games did have terrible lag. I wonder what they were thinking when they released those two.

Reactions: Pluupy

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be so happy if they release a new Rune Factory. What I've been looking forward to in its absence is Re:Legend, which looks great in its own right, but all the same I'd always welcome a new Rune Factory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"