Gaming 'The procedure entry point terminate could not located in the dynamic link library'

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi everyone, I'm having a problem with my Asus Transformer Book T100. This time It's about the Windows Visual C++ redistributable 2015.
I wanted to play some games on my computer, but I ran into these 'the xxx.dll file is missing from your computer. When I saw that, I just downloaded the file and placed it in my system32 folder, but when it game me another error saying that another xxx.dll file is missing I just tried to install the vc_redist.x86 installer. When that didn't work I manually downloaded every xxx.dll file the errors asked me to download. (I don't remember if I uninstalled the vc_redist.x86 first though) After doing that, some games started working, but others still gave me this error:

Snapshot_0.png

I tried downloading the file and putting it in system32 just like before, but it didn't work, I also tried reinstalling the vc_redist.86, then uninstalling, then reinstalling it, but it still didn't work. I think I might have some duplicate .dll files in my system32 folder because of me downloading the files manually and then reinstalling them later. Maybe I should try to delete all the .dll files manually from the system32 folder, but I'm too scared to touch anything because I don't remember which ones to delete. Any Ideas for fixing this error? Thanks a lot.
I'll provide any other info if needed.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Whilst this isn’t exactly my expertise, I’m pretty sure sticking random files in the sys32 folder won’t help. They need to be properly installed, configured, and have the correct registry entries to work as they should.

Generally games will automatically install any required runtimes when you first fire them up, but in case they don’t you can always look up those games and search what runtimes they require.

The only time that hasn’t worked for me is for pirated games, and that’s where I stop. More often than not, I’ve found that if a pirated game doesn’t work, it’s usually because someone planted some bad files in there which are slamming into my firewalls.

Reactions: legoinventeor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person