Gaming The problem with Pokemon and your approach.

CC/C.Geass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pokemon is a poorly constructed franchise based around an overly simplistic rpg element and poor narrative.

it is successful because of the nostalgia it generates and the feeling that is created y you guys that having this game s vital to knowing anything about gaming. It isn't.

If you like nostalgia so much to sacrifice any acknowledgement of fledgling gamers of better quality then I just hope that no one listens to you. Otherwise the future of hand held gaming is going to stay stuck in its mind set, producing rehashes of massively overrated games such as Mario, Pokemon and (shiver) Sonic...

The mindless fanboy culture that seem to breed in this petri dish forum is honestly disturbing...
I can only hope that some of the inventiveness shown on the iphone and within indie PC games is able to filter through. Otherwise you are going to witness the death of handheld gaming as it is viewed purely as for old school fanboys and for primary school games like the "imagine" series.

Such trash should not be supported look at yourself as you play through pokemon again and ask yourself, "Am I actually enjoying playing this?"
lecture.gif

Paulieo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
paulschembri.com.au
XP
Country
Australia
I just did what you suggested and I came back with "Yes I am actually enjoying playing this." I'm not a fanboy the only pokemon game I have ever played is Pearl, but I do find these games useful for passing time before I have a uni lecture.

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Believe it or not, some people, myself included like playing Pokemon. There's even a whole competitive battling community. This competitive battling is helping keep the game's success.

yez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahahahaha!
Man, how old are you? Also pokemon is a timeless classic. You may look at it and find nothing that you like, but when i actually started to play it again i was amazed by how complex the game was.
What is a ds game that you think is much better or the best?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What about all the little kids who play Pokemon now? Some weren't even born when the Pokemon craze first began.
And yes I do enjoy playing the games.

P.S. Was I the only one who thought this topic was going to be a suggestion on how to bypass the Anti-piracy?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmmm
CC/C.Geass said:
Pokemon is a poorly constructed franchise based around an overly simplistic rpg element and poor narrative. Really now? I am interesting on seeing you back this statement up?

it is successful because of the nostalgia it generates and the feeling that is created y you guys that having this game s vital to knowing anything about gaming. It isn't. Please use proper English to make a point. Now if it was just the nostalgia aspect that is holding this game up, explain the new generations and new fans?

If you like nostalgia so much to sacrifice any acknowledgement of fledgling gamers of better quality then I just hope that no one listens to you. Otherwise the future of hand held gaming is going to stay stuck in its mind set, producing rehashes of massively overrated games such as Mario, Pokemon and (shiver) Sonic... Did you just call Mario overrated?

The mindless fanboy culture that seem to breed in this petri dish forum is honestly disturbing...
I can only hope that some of the inventiveness shown on the iphone and within indie PC games is able to filter through. Otherwise you are going to witness the death of handheld gaming as it is viewed purely as for old school fanboys and for primary school games like the "imagine" series. Really don't think I can agree
unsure.gif

Such trash should not be supported look at yourself as you play through pokemon again and ask yourself, "Am I actually enjoying playing this?"
lecture.gif
Have you ever played a pokemon game before?

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
What about all the little kids who play Pokemon now? Some weren't even born when the Pokemon craze first began.
And yes I do enjoy playing the games.

P.S. Was I the only one who thought this topic was going to be a suggestion on how to bypass the Anti-piracy?
I thought it would've been about the anti-piracy too haha

CC/C.Geass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Part of my point was that the current games (the remakes) are in fact no more fun than the originals.
The battling community, I take your point, but really doesn't it become kinda the same, my friends and I had quickly worked out the combinations that would win and which pokemon where worth having. I played through pokemon blue 4 times, (red+yellow once each as well) . In all honesty I disliked silver and gold, mainly because I felt they were a let down, but I realise almost all would disagree with me.

As for playing before uni lectures, fine, but I prefer other games, I have no problem with people playing them, what upsets me is the seemingly blind and gulible mobs of people that surround some of the older games ( In all honesty I think mario is the worst, (not inc. galaxy)) for this. I mean I would draw parallels between Mario fanboys and Mac fan boys (who are unbelievable) .

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No flaming on the forum. Pokemon is an amazing franchise dude. Please tell me someone forced you to write this.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CC/C.Geass said:
Pokemon is a poorly constructed franchise based around an overly simplistic rpg element and poor narrative.

it is successful because of the nostalgia it generates and the feeling that is created y you guys that having this game s vital to knowing anything about gaming. It isn't.

If you like nostalgia so much to sacrifice any acknowledgement of fledgling gamers of better quality then I just hope that no one listens to you. Otherwise the future of hand held gaming is going to stay stuck in its mind set, producing rehashes of massively overrated games such as Mario, Pokemon and (shiver) Sonic...

I can only hope that some of the inventiveness shown on the iphone and within indie PC games is able to filter through. Otherwise you are going to witness the death of handheld gaming as it is viewed purely as for old school fanboys and for primary school games like the "imagine" series.

lecture.gif
You know what they say, Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one ... I've got something to add to that some people are one. Get my drift?

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
i remember watching the first episode in english *cringe* when i was 9 and now that the origanal japanese version is being subbing im watching that too. I got pokemon cards when they came out and got a shiny charizard in my first pack.
i started playing pokemon yellow and went straight to crystal and from then on i've gotten every pokemon game released

Azoth2090

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CC/C.Geass said:

lecture.gif
.... What.... What... WHAT???

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Although the actual pokemon anime is becoming a piece of crap, the games are a great enjoyment and you can get a lot of fun out of them. I'd say that they're overdoing it with the amount of pokemon however the games are still incredibly fun and passes the time quite well.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry but this guy really pissed me off
this thread is pointless... he only want to disturb fans
He created a new acount only because he cant say that with his real user (He has only 3 post)

I think that this should be closed...

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never played a Pokemon game. This topic make me want to try one. What GBA/DS game do you all recommend for a Pokenube. I was thinking of jumping in with the newest game but I don't know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs