The price of wii in sweden....

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Digeman, Nov 29, 2006.

Nov 29, 2006

The price of wii in sweden.... by Digeman at 9:14 PM (3,213 Views / 0 Likes) 30 replies

1. Digeman
    OP

Member Digeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    Hey guys! Well i just heard some alarming news from my friend...he said that he checked with Game and got their magazine thingy and saw that the price for the remote was 499kr, and the price for the nunchuck was 299kr...that's like 800 freakin' kr if you want an extra controller package!!! [​IMG] And then he said something even more disturbing...he said that the cost of a wii (with the wii sports included) costs 2799 kr....I'm seriously confused right now....the price with the nunchuck and the remote might be true but is the price of the wii with wii sports that much!? [​IMG] Does anyone know how much the stuff will cost in the store Game?? [​IMG] Please guys, any info on this is really apreciated!

Edit: Oh..in case you guys that read this and went like "wtf?" well...i'm from sweden and i'm talking about a gamestore in sweden called game [​IMG]

2. Hanafuda

Member Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I'm sorry, Digeman, I really have no idea about your questions. But your thread reminded me of the old phrase, "What's that got to do with the price of tea in China?"

from now on, I'll be saying "with the price of Wii in Sweden?"

3. Helmut

Member Helmut GBAtemp Regular

France
    That's expensive... I was complaining that the wiimote+nunchuck price in France was already too much (less than 550kr), but I'm stunned now.
    And the wii with wii sports costs 2270kr.

4. emirof

Member emirof GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    [​IMG] ... yes digeman it's the truth... sad... but still the truth :'( . I saw another place sell it for 2749 kr , so I guess most stores will stick around that price.

They'll ruin us all! [​IMG]

5. sQa5r

Member sQa5r GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    The Wii cost 250$ in the US, 250$ = 1750 SEKr, the Wii in Sweden cost 2799 thats 1000SEkr more, and 1000SEKr = 144$!!!!
    Thats almost 400$ for a Wii in Sweden!

Like Digeman said WTF?

And BTW, it isent much better in Denmark [​IMG]

6. Elrinth

Member Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Sweden
    Digeman ur fears are true... that's what it costs... 2699:- last time I checked... (roughly translated $384 usd)

not sure about the wiimote and nunchuck... I also visited GAME here in Skellefteå today. I asked if everyone who preordered will be getting a Wii, and they said no... they were going to call the people who were getting one sometime next week.

the pricing is all BERGSALA AB's fault, they are the culprit here... slay them!

7. Foppzter

Member Foppzter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    I saw that Webhallen was selling them for 2749 kr, Spelbutiken for 2649 kr, Cdon for 2699 kr and Onoff only sells a bundle that includes Zelda for 3295 kr.

8. iHr4ch

Newcomer iHr4ch Advanced Member

Canada
    You Swedes have it rough. I have an MSN friend from Sweden and I just cannot believe the prices. Same with Finland. How do you live?!

9. Foppzter

Member Foppzter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    How we live?
    With the worlds highest taxes.

10. sQa5r

Member sQa5r GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    Bergsala... mofos!

What in the world are they buying with all the money they steal from us?

PS3's? A-bombs?... Belgium?

11. Bi99uy

Member Bi99uy GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    The store that i work for is charging 3000 sek for a Wii, 499 for the Wiimote, 399 for the nunchuck, 399 for the Classic Controller and around 649-699 for games. Luckily i know some of the people who work in GAME, and thusly i can get the Wii a little cheaper and before everyone else, but damn, this sure is one pricey console. The 360 is only cost 200sek more.

12. NoNameFace

Member NoNameFace GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    2799 sek is almost 310 euro.. jesus christ..... this is really ridiculous....
    is it an official price ?

13. Elrinth

Member Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Sweden
    hmmm I just saw I was preorder number 0023 on my preorder receipt... I hope as hell that they get atleast 23 wii consoles to GAME in Skellefteå... Else I'm going to be mad as hell and boycott GAME for the rest of my life.

14. DarkMind

Newcomer DarkMind Member

Greece
    For 410euros i got Wii + WII Play & Remote Controller + Nunchuck + Classic Controller White + Zelda

wtf m8 :S

15. WishCow

Newcomer WishCow Advanced Member

Hungary
    It's $350 here. (Hungary)
    You always have to pay around 1.5x more in Europe compared to America, anyone knows why?

16. OrR

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Germany
    Well, it's your own fault for not joining the €uro fun. [​IMG]

Edit: One reason we have to pay more than the US is that taxes are already included in our prices whereas they are added at purchase in the US and seem to be quite different from state to state. Another reason is that the localization costs are quite high with the many languages we speak over here. And the third reason is that NoE is greedy. [​IMG]

17. ConraDargo

Member ConraDargo Flashback Fanatic

Sweden
    Pretty much, yeah. Actually it's more like 2699 SEK is the official price now, despite how the first announcements that was made a month ago or so said that the Wii would cost "only" 2499 SEK.
    So yeah, we Swedes are pretty much getting ripped off...

One of many reasons to why I have preordered mine at VG+ instead. I got the Wii, Zelda and extra controllers for only ~3100 SEK (519.95 CAD).

18. Digeman
    OP

Member Digeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    Aw man this freakin' sucks!! [​IMG] They told me it would cost 2499 SEK....those bastards!! Well now i won't be able to buy an extra controller or an extra game like i was planning too...this sucks.. [​IMG]

19. Frz

Newcomer Frz Member

Germany
    Yes but if I import Wii games and pay shipping (10$), taxes and customs for them (19% extra) they are still cheaper than here in germany (50$ versus 60€ (=79$)) wtf is up with that?

20. insanezer0x

Newcomer insanezer0x Member

United States
    why dont you guys buy the wii from america? (ebay)
    damn prices those high i should go to europe and sell them [​IMG]